Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics before and after pictures

I have to agree, these are not real it is a selling tactic.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

I am a user of Skinn products, so this is NOT A BASH on Skinn products...

but, there is one part of his demonstrations that I just do not like.  He has the before and after pictures...... and the after pictures  ALWAYS have on lip, eye makeup and highlighter.  Now today each time the side by side pictures came up, Demetris did say THAT THE MODELS HAD MAKEUP ON in the after.....( I think other people mentioned this and he felt had to say that.....)

I  just wish he would forgo  the makeup in the after  picture and let the model SHOW HOW GOOD or not   the products really are.  If they are THAT GOOD then the after should show an improvement with out extra makeup.....The  Makeup just detracts from the after and makes the whole demonstration seem seedy and untrue.

He also uses the same Model with huge under eye bags  to demonstrate the eye cooling stick.....   He only puts it on her left eye which is the eye with MUCH LESS PUFF and then compares that eye to the models right eye which has a huge fat pad that is much bigger than the left eye.  They always act like the left eye use to look like the really puffy right eye and that is just not the case. This also comes off as seedy...

The hard sell for Demetris is just not a good thing,.  he needs to let the products speak for themselves and not doctor up the before and afters.  I love the guy, but, just do not like seeing him come off and a snake oil salesman and these before and after shots are doing just that. 

I am not 100 percent sure but some of these before and after pictures I am sure I have seen them on presentations sk

shown by other vendors not necessarily on evine.

Honored Contributor

@tsavoritewrote:

I feel the same way I wish they just did a exact comparison side by side but I suspect since the product simply cannot produce the dramatic results being advertised they feel the need to doctor up the after photo some how.  I apply this straight across the board on all of the skin care lines from Q to Evine and so on.

I recently purchased the TTV from Isomers glutathisome so far I do not see any improvements in anything.  I am thinking this perhaps will be a return and to be honest I am done with it.  The only product that made a change for me was the Isomers Matrixyl 4 Pur Serum TTV supersize from about 6mo's ago.  Fools errand and I want to just cut down on the cost...I mean I have half used products and then some other product comes on and promises to deliver these never before amazing results!  I gotta let ti go and no more buying tnto the hype.

@tsavorite  You really need to give this a chance...I also purchased the Isomers TS and have been using it for one week.  It really needs at least a month or more....to see any real changes in your skin.  Do not give up so fast.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed this, also. I think everyone can see it. It would be better to just not show photos. It looks shady.  

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

I've noticed this, also. I think everyone can see it. It would be better to just not show photos. It looks shady.  

What I 'see' here regularly is people expecting miracles in a jar for what is lacking in them spiritually, poor attitudes, unrealistic expectations.  

Yes, I'm sure everyone can see it! It's a definitive pattern for some. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@febe1wrote:

What I 'see' here regularly is people expecting miracles in a jar for what is lacking in them spiritually, poor attitudes, unrealistic expectations.  

Yes, I'm sure everyone can see it! It's a definitive pattern for some. 

What?!!!! that's just a ridiculous statement to make. Anytime someone criticizes a product you "push" you call them out like this, or worse.   

No one needs an attitude adjustment or more spiritualiity because they don't fall for every sales tactic ever created. 

You owe people an apology for this. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've watched 2 of his shows this weekend. I use some of his products but honestly don't even know which to use anymore.

One visit he says Collagenesis is his "showroom" products, he uses them exclusively., then Pep40 his new "showroom" product. So, then do we just keep our auto delivery on things like Age Reset serum, or can the Age Reset now and switch to Pep40 serum? Why not just discontinue all old products when something new comes out doing the same thing for dry, aging skin?

I realize companies upgrade products when new ingredients are found, but then just streamline the line and do away with some of the others.  After all, you're marketing products to women with aging concerns so if the new product does better than the old, why would we buy it? 

Also, when he uses the before/after pictures of Cat and Sheila, again, those before pictures have been used for years and compared to a new photo of what he's just applied. If you're going to use before/after shots, take a photo of the model minutes before you do your facial, every, single time so we can see in real time how the product works. Don't drag out old photos.  Of course, there is no instant change made pre-facial to post-facial so then just don't do it. Or if you do, say the before photo was taken a long time before the model started using product A, B, or C. Cumulative change over weeks/months but don't use a before photo and infer that this is how sheila looked just before the weekend came and he applied 8 facials. 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset  I agree with you ...this poster also callls posters names and belittles them if they say anything about  Skinn in a less than stellar review.....and God forbid you say it on HER thread!.  

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@PinkSunset  I agree with you ...this poster also callls posters names and belittles them if they say anything about  Skinn in a less than stellar review.....and God forbid you say it on HER thread!.  .

yes, it's ironic. No one called anyone names or was mean to a vendor, just stating they (I) don't like certain selling tactics, yet we get called names and put downs? 

Please.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkSunsetwrote:

I've watched 2 of his shows this weekend. I use some of his products but honestly don't even know which to use anymore.

One visit he says Collagenesis is his "showroom" products, he uses them exclusively., then Pep40 his new "showroom" product. So, then do we just keep our auto delivery on things like Age Reset serum, or can the Age Reset now and switch to Pep40 serum? Why not just discontinue all old products when something new comes out doing the same thing for dry, aging skin?

I realize companies upgrade products when new ingredients are found, but then just streamline the line and do away with some of the others.  After all, you're marketing products to women with aging concerns so if the new product does better than the old, why would we buy it? 

Also, when he uses the before/after pictures of Cat and Sheila, again, those before pictures have been used for years and compared to a new photo of what he's just applied. If you're going to use before/after shots, take a photo of the model minutes before you do your facial, every, single time so we can see in real time how the product works. Don't drag out old photos.  Of course, there is no instant change made pre-facial to post-facial so then just don't do it. Or if you do, say the before photo was taken a long time before the model started using product A, B, or C. Cumulative change over weeks/months but don't use a before photo and infer that this is how sheila looked just before the weekend came and he applied 8 facials. 

@PinkSunset  Can you name one skincare brand/company that sells ONLY one cleanser, one serum, one moisturizer, etc. ?