Trusted Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics before and after pictures

What I am seeing with the before and after for the pep40 serum is the lighting. The lighting is so different in the before and after pictures. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

I've watched 2 of his shows this weekend. I use some of his products but honestly don't even know which to use anymore.

One visit he says Collagenesis is his "showroom" products, he uses them exclusively., then Pep40 his new "showroom" product. So, then do we just keep our auto delivery on things like Age Reset serum, or can the Age Reset now and switch to Pep40 serum? Why not just discontinue all old products when something new comes out doing the same thing for dry, aging skin?

I realize companies upgrade products when new ingredients are found, but then just streamline the line and do away with some of the others.  After all, you're marketing products to women with aging concerns so if the new product does better than the old, why would we buy it? 

Also, when he uses the before/after pictures of Cat and Sheila, again, those before pictures have been used for years and compared to a new photo of what he's just applied. If you're going to use before/after shots, take a photo of the model minutes before you do your facial, every, single time so we can see in real time how the product works. Don't drag out old photos.  Of course, there is no instant change made pre-facial to post-facial so then just don't do it. Or if you do, say the before photo was taken a long time before the model started using product A, B, or C. Cumulative change over weeks/months but don't use a before photo and infer that this is how sheila looked just before the weekend came and he applied 8 facials. 

@PinkSunset  Can you name one skincare brand/company that sells ONLY one cleanser, one serum, one moisturizer, etc. ?

Bobbi Brown. A couple different moisturizers but they are intended for different skin types i.e. oily skin or dry or extra dry skin but basically the same creams.

What I said was DJ sells different lines and markets them the same way "for dry, aging skin". So if a company makes a lite cream for those with oily or normal young skin and then one with more intense hydration for dry skin that's one thing but his products are not like that. and I her him say all the time when the host asks "who can use this/" Everybody, He said his Pep40 serum could be used on someone 38 because they could be perimenopausal. Could be, sure but my skin at 38 was nothing like it is now at 67 and I didn't need any heavy duty creams at 38. 

BTW, use whatever you like but there's no need to get so defensive all the time about skin products you use. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirlwrote:

seamaiden---no we kept our power this time. I'm in Woodinville and we have that happen alot.  But at least no snow this a.m. well, up til now!! Hopefully that will fizzle out too!

@wagirl  My husband and I stayed in Woodinville about 4-5 years ago.  We were there on vacation for an long weekend.  It's so beautiful.  Would go back in a min!

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

I've watched 2 of his shows this weekend. I use some of his products but honestly don't even know which to use anymore.

One visit he says Collagenesis is his "showroom" products, he uses them exclusively., then Pep40 his new "showroom" product. So, then do we just keep our auto delivery on things like Age Reset serum, or can the Age Reset now and switch to Pep40 serum? Why not just discontinue all old products when something new comes out doing the same thing for dry, aging skin?

I realize companies upgrade products when new ingredients are found, but then just streamline the line and do away with some of the others.  After all, you're marketing products to women with aging concerns so if the new product does better than the old, why would we buy it? 

Also, when he uses the before/after pictures of Cat and Sheila, again, those before pictures have been used for years and compared to a new photo of what he's just applied. If you're going to use before/after shots, take a photo of the model minutes before you do your facial, every, single time so we can see in real time how the product works. Don't drag out old photos.  Of course, there is no instant change made pre-facial to post-facial so then just don't do it. Or if you do, say the before photo was taken a long time before the model started using product A, B, or C. Cumulative change over weeks/months but don't use a before photo and infer that this is how sheila looked just before the weekend came and he applied 8 facials. 

@PinkSunset  Can you name one skincare brand/company that sells ONLY one cleanser, one serum, one moisturizer, etc. ?

Bobbi Brown. A couple different moisturizers but they are intended for different skin types i.e. oily skin or dry or extra dry skin but basically the same creams.

What I said was DJ sells different lines and markets them the same way "for dry, aging skin". So if a company makes a lite cream for those with oily or normal young skin and then one with more intense hydration for dry skin that's one thing but his products are not like that. and I her him say all the time when the host asks "who can use this/" Everybody, He said his Pep40 serum could be used on someone 38 because they could be perimenopausal. Could be, sure but my skin at 38 was nothing like it is now at 67 and I didn't need any heavy duty creams at 38. 

BTW, use whatever you like but there's no need to get so defensive all the time about skin products you use. 

@PinkSunset  You actually contradicted yourself in your answer.  How can something be basically the same cream yet different at the same time?  That doesn't make sense.  I'd say you're being the touchy one here.  All I did was ask a question.  I didn't get defensive about one single thing.  Maybe you need to pay closer attention because in one breath you mention the Pep 40 serum and in the next you are referring to the cream - not an equal comparison. The Pep 40 serum probably could be used by someone who is 38.  Why couldn't it?  When it comes to moisturizers, Skinn does have options based on need.  So are you really interested in the line and learning about it or do you just want to find something to pick on?  I wonder. 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@PinkSunset  You actually contradicted yourself in your answer.  How can something be basically the same cream yet different at the same time?  That doesn't make sense.  I'd say you're being the touchy one here.  All I did was ask a question.  I didn't get defensive about one single thing.  Maybe you need to pay closer attention because in one breath you mention the Pep 40 serum and in the next you are referring to the cream - not an equal comparison. The Pep 40 serum probably could be used by someone who is 38.  Why couldn't it?  When it comes to moisturizers, Skinn does have options based on need.  So are you really interested in the line and learning about it or do you just want to find something to pick on?  I wonder. 

you take everything too literally and pick words apart like me saying serum and cream. Really, Who cares? I only commented on this thread because I don't like any vendor using before and after photos of models that use old befores and new afters seconds after a demo and then making us think that the model's skin changed overnight,  And he isn't the only one who does this. 

And if Skinn has options based on needs, the he wouldn't say "anyone can use this".  All his products in his own words are made for his aging 55 year old skin, so then if they are all anti-aging products. I can't imagine young women having the same needs as older women. 

I really don't care enough about any of this to make any more comments, So you don't have to wonder about any of this any longer. 

Honored Contributor

nyc1---really...... yes it is a nice place--have lived here for 32 years and it has changed hugely--as most places do--tons of breweries, wineries, but not very many places to eat---kind of weird---did you go to St Michelle winery and Red Hook Brewery? Interesting tours. There are tons of people doing the tastings during the nice weather---I stay away from that area----

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

you take everything too literally and pick words apart like me saying serum and cream. Really, Who cares? I only commented on this thread because I don't like any vendor using before and after photos of models that use old befores and new afters seconds after a demo and then making us think that the model's skin changed overnight,  And he isn't the only one who does this. 

And if Skinn has options based on needs, the he wouldn't say "anyone can use this".  All his products in his own words are made for his aging 55 year old skin, so then if they are all anti-aging products. I can't imagine young women having the same needs as older women. 

I really don't care enough about any of this to make any more comments, So you don't have to wonder about any of this any longer. 

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@PinkSunsetwrote:

So it's too literal to base an understanding or opinion on what someone wrote?  Own your words and know how to convey them accurately and there won't be any guess work.  A good communicator doesn't assume the audience knows what they are talking about.  A serum and a cream are two different things.

Contributor

During most of Skinn's visits, I usually buy something.  But the past two times, I haven't bought a thing.  To me, the prices seem to be rising.  And years ago, the TTVs would be 2 or 3 piece kits at great prices.  Now the TTV's are just one item and the price seems too expensive to me.  I've used Skinn for several years, but now I do think they are becoming too costly. 

Valued Contributor

I agree. I have used Dimitri's products for several years. He is getting too expensive and offering less. I am going back to M Asam and probably Perlier.
Honored Contributor

Usually all you are seeing is temporary tightening, or extreme moisturizing. Their faces usually look really dry in the before photos in almost all of the before and afters I see-not just Skinn's...I watched a tiny bit of Adrienne and hers were the same way-temporary tightening-the minute you wash your face, it will go back to the way it was before.