Esteemed Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics - HSN TS - 10/5

@MakeUpMaidn 

I can't speak to the consistency of this TS for graceful mixing of shades, @Chi-town girl can best help with that. But I'd think it'd be ok.

My Mom always mixed shades to get her perfect match and her makeup always looked impeccable. 

Trusted Contributor

so for anyone that is ordering or ordered and you are a true neutrual medium, which shade are you ordering?  I was gong to get 3C but after reading some of the posts here I think it might be too light...

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I was impressed with the TS presentation and ordered the same color that Dimitri wears. Now I'm concerned after reading your comment on the color. I'm a light med neutral to cool, and definitely not ghostly. I appreciate your comments  as usual! Thanks for the feedback.

👻😱😯

@rochelleS - after thinking about it, this morning I ordered the 3C shade.  I'm a light medium cool.  Let's hope it works for both of us.

@JudyL - hope it works for you!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

I haven't had a chance to watch Dimitri yet, but tell me, is this SKINN TSV Foundation "liquid-y' enough to be able to easily, & evenly combine two colors, (say, like on the back of my hand, .. before applying)?

I dont recall finding the perfect complexion color, for me, straight out of the bottle, that matches my complexion, for all times, & all circumstances of the year, even if I selected the "correct" color, of the moment, while shopping out in person.

"Mixing foundation colors" just allows me a better range of colors,  in order to match my *whatever* current face complexion color is ...  .. whether it's changes in facial tone due to whatever current Season of the year it is, ... or my "self tanner" use, ... or recent "strong exfoliation," .. or stress,  .. just to give a few examples.  

I've just had to accept this additional *mixing*  makeup step (& cost).     Bumr, right?

So, "liquid-y" enough to effectively combine colors, on the back of my hand?

@MakeUpMaidn - yes, I think you can mix colors in this foundation. I may end up doing this bc I like the finish of 4W but it's a tad too warm for my complexion-I have a neutral undertone.

I usually put a small amount of it on top top of my left hand and dab on my face for application. For eyes, it helps to apply using ring finger to warm it a bit and then I apply to lid and under eyes.

And it's very pigmented so I place dots of it center of face and blend out. The bottle I bought in January is still about 1/3 full so it's about a 1 yr supply for me

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I also bought the bonus buy powder - it looks quite amazing based on the demo D did last night. Pat it and then use a big fluffy brush to finish

Its $18 if you purchase the TS

Skinn® Cosmetics Perfect Skin Vivid Wear Airbrush Powder

669-086
Skinn® Cosmetics Perfect Skin Vivid Wear Airbrush Powder

Esteemed Contributor

THE POWDER DID LOOK GOOD AS WELL. CHI.

I AM A LIGHT/MED. NEUTRAL IN MOST OTHER BRANDS.  PICKED UP THE LIGHT/BEIGE.  KNOW I CAN CANCEL OR CHANGE SHADES BEFORE MIDNIGHT AT HSN.  WILL HAVE TO TUNE IN AGAIN!

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Thanks for posting the powder. This will give those who may have missed the reduced price opportunity to purchase with the TS.I thought it looked great as well and ordered it too. 

Honored Contributor

Forgot to buy the bonus powder.  Oh well, I have a lot of powder anyway

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has anybody gone over to Skinn's site to shade match the TS foundation? I did, took the pic and nothing happened. No suggested rec or any place I could see a suggestion. Did a live chat inquiring where or how I could see something but no response, after 30+ minutes??? Can anybody share your experience with this feature, please?

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Forgot to buy the bonus powder.  Oh well, I have a lot of powder anyway

When I watched the presentation on TV I could clearly see the powder on the faces....whether it was fron the lighting or what I am not sure. And I don't mean it was a matter of they applied too much for the presentation.

@JudyL , aren't you one who has the Hourglass powder?  If so you will probably be just as happy with that.  I don't personally have his powder but the presentation is what made me decide not to buy.