Trusted Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics - HSN TS - 10/5

@rochelleSI asked about a Neutral Medium via DM on IG and they told me that a neutral medium cound mean many different things and they gave me the link to to the Virtual Try on, which did not work.  They have a Neutral Sand and a Neutral Beige , Neutral Deep, I just wanted to know which is Neutral Medium.  I bought the Peachy Medium but I dont think its the right one...

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@rochelleSI asked about a Neutral Medium via DM on IG and they told me that a neutral medium cound mean many different things and they gave me the link to to the Virtual Try on, which did not work.  They have a Neutral Sand and a Neutral Beige , Neutral Deep, I just wanted to know which is Neutral Medium.  I bought the Peachy Medium but I dont think its the right one...

Exactly.  A shade 3N would make sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrsCat21 

Thanks for sharing about your shade inquiry and the Virtual Try on Skinns site. I thought it was my user error when I tried it. Don't they know it's not working? Especially on TS day. What's up with that??? I thought it was pretty crummy to not receive any response from their live chat too. No bueno. SMH 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom - yes I do have a small jar of Hourglass powder!  Will definitely use it.

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Has anybody gone over to Skinn's site to shade match the TS foundation? I did, took the pic and nothing happened. No suggested rec or any place I could see a suggestion. Did a live chat inquiring where or how I could see something but no response, after 30+ minutes??? Can anybody share your experience with this feature, please?

I tried it this morning and it worked fine. Took my picture, then I clicked on different shades to see how they would look. However, I was still undecided after trying it. It did help narrow it down to 3 choices.  Hope I picked the right one!

Respected Contributor

Dmitri is always convincing and makes the foundation sound great but I'm not sure it's for me.  While some of the reviews are certainly wonderful and 5 star, overall it only has a 3.5 and a lot of the negative reviews says it's drying and thick.  Since my skin is normal to dry, being drying would be a major no.  Not like I wear foundation much these days, so I think I'm going to pass.   But it does look like they've sold out on a lot of shades and has been a successful TS.  I'll be very interested to see the next round of reviews.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

< Unfortunately ... Deleted by User >

Valued Contributor

I ended up ordering the 3w since host Valerie’s foundation shades have been a good match for me in the past. Also ordered the lip oil set, dwp set, and the powder. On the fence about the cleansing set, I’ve not tried cleansing oils but my skin may like them better now.
Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Dmitri is always convincing and makes the foundation sound great but I'm not sure it's for me.  While some of the reviews are certainly wonderful and 5 star, overall it only has a 3.5 and a lot of the negative reviews says it's drying and thick.  Since my skin is normal to dry, being drying would be a major no.  Not like I wear foundation much these days, so I think I'm going to pass.   But it does look like they've sold out on a lot of shades and has been a successful TS.  I'll be very interested to see the next round of reviews.

@sueinsf , your comments about it triggered a memory that I may have ordered it before so I did a search and sure enough I had ordered it last Oct and returned it.  Thank you!!  Thank goodness HSN lets you cancel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom 

Hi! Do you remember why you didn't like this foundation? We've chatted about foundations in the past and you've made some great recommendations that I've been very happy with. Curious about your thoughts on this one. Much thanks.

Hope all is well with both you and your DH.

❤🥰❤