Super Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics: Anyone Watching Upcoming Shows (9/17 & 9/18) on HSN?

@Starliteshine wrote:

I watched and purchased more of the DermAppeal. Happy to now have it on autoship. My favorite products are from his Pep40 line. I also love his Neck Amour Day and Night Creme set. Instant results with his neck cremes. If I can't find what I need on HSN at a good price, I watch his website and order direct. Right now he is offering 20% off with free shipping on orders over $50 or $75 (can't remember which amount). Try his neck cremes, I think you'll love them. 

Tee hee Starliteshine I was eyeing his Day/Night Neck Cream duo and just might push me over the edge! I really like the night cream but I think that the day cream has SPF and my skin can't tolerate chemical SPF. Do you know what kind of SPF is used and is it gentle to the skin for you?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I really don't care if a vendor has had "work done", etc., I only care about if I am satisfied with what I purchase.  I just started buying Skinn this year and I like the items I have purchased and think I see results.  Right now I'm "on a break"  in order to use some items I have from other brands.  (phasing some out, but can't just throw them in garbage)  I never did see Skinn on Evine as I never watched that channel.    I like the free shipping from HSN, but see how much the prices have gone up since I began watching this year.  Hope they bring in more good kits which usually relates to a better price per item.

@ChazzyLady  - thanks for posting. Unable to watch the full hour shows but I saw some segments last night on Beauty Report. Host Amy has such a great sense of style - I would love to raid her closet/shoe collection!

@Daysdee  - I agree about the repetitive comments/speculations about hosts/vendors. And then there are the conspiracy rumors, LOL- always good for a belly laugh.

My ONLY interest is in the quality and effectiveness of the products. I'm in good shape with my supply and auto ship orders for my fav's but I always check for specials and show items. My next Skinn buy will prob be the new Manuka mask- the oil is FABULOUS 

@Chi-town girl  I am nuts about the Manuka Oil!  I tried it out of curiosity, knowing other oils I’ve tried were a flop, but this one is fantastic - so glad I have it on auto-ship.  I know Dimitri can’t make medical claims but you wouldn’t believe what it’s done to a surgical scar on my neck - it practically nonexistent.  

Valued Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

I watched and purchased more of the DermAppeal. Happy to now have it on autoship. My favorite products are from his Pep40 line. I also love his Neck Amour Day and Night Creme set. Instant results with his neck cremes. If I can't find what I need on HSN at a good price, I watch his website and order direct. Right now he is offering 20% off with free shipping on orders over $50 or $75 (can't remember which amount). Try his neck cremes, I think you'll love them. 

Tee hee Starliteshine I was eyeing his Day/Night Neck Cream duo and just might push me over the edge! I really like the night cream but I think that the day cream has SPF and my skin can't tolerate chemical SPF. Do you know what kind of SPF is used and is it gentle to the skin for you?

Thanks.

I don't know what kind of SPF other than an SPF 15. I have sensitive skin and I am okay with using it. I would contact Dimitri's office to find out what kind of SPF is used in the day cream.  I've talked to Dimitri's staff, including his sister using Facebook Messenger. They typically respond within an hour or two. Another thought is to do a patch test. I sure hope you're able to give it a try. 

Valued Contributor

I love the Manuka Oil too. I have the mask and it's amazing! The only product I wasn't crazy about is the last TS Collagenesis. Shannon Smith said it's Dimitri's top shelf line. It's good but I like the Pep40 products better because it really works well for me. 

Valued Contributor

I don't care what he looks like, but...

, his shows at HSN are boring, his line-up is small, no nice kits, prices higher most likely because they give "free" shipping. I don't think time is what he needs to build a customer base. He had a big customer base at ShopHQ and all they need to do is follow him to HSN and buy from there. 

I think he shot himself in the foot. Beekman is the top dog at HSN. Maybe if Dimitri does some shows at QVC it might help. Many of these lines are doing that. Tweak'd started at HSN now has products and shows at QVC too.

Anyway his loyal customers will always shop with him I guess but for me I find nothing that I want or need anymore. IMO, I think he will fade away for awhile and then maybe return again. That's just me. He is very wealthy and since he manufactures products for other companies in his lab, he doesn't need to be on TV hawking products, I'm sorry that he left the other channel. His kits were great and now, blah. 

Respected Contributor

As far as the sparcity of his shows, and the brevity of each, I think that HSN's format is just DIFFERENT than that of Shop HQ ...Shop HQ will bring a vendor in and spend DAYS and HOURS at a time with them..They do it with their Jewelry shows, thier Watch shows, Cooking shows,  and now with Jennifer Stallone- It is simply their format...HSN is more of  a"one hour at a time" format...

Though not on often in the beginning, I  am pretty sure that Dimitri has been on at least monthly  since late Spring, and will probably continue to be...As he gets more comfortable, I think he wil loosen up, he has loosened up a lot since the beginning- Cant wait for the first anniversary show!

Hey, does Skinn still sell the Vitamin C3 powder in the little bottle with the tiny spoon? If not, can someone recommned one for me? I like to mix it with Hyaluronic acid after my derma-roll...

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I really don't care if a vendor has had "work done", etc., I only care about if I am satisfied with what I purchase.  I just started buying Skinn this year and I like the items I have purchased and think I see results.  Right now I'm "on a break"  in order to use some items I have from other brands.  (phasing some out, but can't just throw them in garbage)  I never did see Skinn on Evine as I never watched that channel.    I like the free shipping from HSN, but see how much the prices have gone up since I began watching this year.  Hope they bring in more good kits which usually relates to a better price per item.

@ChazzyLady  - thanks for posting. Unable to watch the full hour shows but I saw some segments last night on Beauty Report. Host Amy has such a great sense of style - I would love to raid her closet/shoe collection!

@Daysdee  - I agree about the repetitive comments/speculations about hosts/vendors. And then there are the conspiracy rumors, LOL- always good for a belly laugh.

My ONLY interest is in the quality and effectiveness of the products. I'm in good shape with my supply and auto ship orders for my fav's but I always check for specials and show items. My next Skinn buy will prob be the new Manuka mask- the oil is FABULOUS 

@Chi-town girl  I am nuts about the Manuka Oil!  I tried it out of curiosity, knowing other oils I’ve tried were a flop, but this one is fantastic - so glad I have it on auto-ship.  I know Dimitri can’t make medical claims but you wouldn’t believe what it’s done to a surgical scar on my neck - it practically nonexistent.  

@JeanLouiseFinch - that's great! It will be stocked in oct. I'm going to get the mask. These are exceptional -  like DWP line & Pep 40, always in my rotation

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

Hello there Chi-town girl, long time, no chat, nice to see/hear from you!

ITA completely when it comes to his or any other vendor's skin care products: do they work for ME. I purchased the single shipment duo of his DermAppeal. As I said previously, I'm already on auto-ship for the other three non-negotiables. Didn't really need auto-ship in the DermAppeal since, although it works for me, I tend to use it sparingly with my sensitive skin, no way do I use it two or three times a week.

I'm very bummed out that he discontinued the serum foundation duo with two different shades of foundation. I loved those and the two shades at the deepest end of the selections worked for me throughout the year. Boo hoo.😢 I am kind of considering giving his tinted Orchid Gel a try though.

A couple of things of his I tried didn't work for me like the products from his Enlightened Radiance line but since I am not the most patient woman in the world maybe I didn't use them long enough. Hyperpigmentation is one of those skin care issues that are tough to fix IMHO.

Overall I'm pleased with the products of his that are a staple part of my skincare routine.

Take care.😊

Good to see you too Chazzy! look forward to his Oct visit. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Years ago on HSN Adrienne was always given 3 hours of airtime, then she was reduced to 2 hours at a time. 

Honored Contributor

I pick and choose selected items from a line i want to try, and find them for a much better price on ebay, rarely do I order from the networks anymore.