Super Contributor

Re: SKINN Cosmetics: Anyone Watching Upcoming Shows (9/17 & 9/18) on HSN?

@BdBettyB wrote:

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I hate to say it but ShopHQ , brings the best values and brings out the best in most vendors , I like HSN but it does nothing with Skinn. That last TSV was a joke. He used to have exciting TSV's , i am not blaming him.

Hi MW In Iowa. Now that you mention it, I think you're probably right especially when it comes to the presentations of Skinn. The presentations were definitely more high energy, often hilarious actually, and seemed to offer better deals.

The one thing that I have to give credit to HSN on is the shipping and handling. With my auto-ship from HSN on the three piece non-negotiables set I locked in free shipping and handling on each order; good luck with that when Dimitri was on ShopHQ/Evine. I recall that many fans of Skinn here lamented the often high costs for S&H as to why they didn't often buy more.

Also, do you think that his visits at HSN fewer and farther between as well as shorter than they were on the other network? He used to show up monthly before moving to HSN and stay longer.

BTW, anyone know why Evine switched back to ShopHQ? No big deal, just curious.

Well I do remember his anniversary non-negotiable set  every year was 4 or 5 items for 59.99 or maybe it was 49.99? That was a great deal on Evine. Nothing like that has happened so far on HSN. I'll keep waiting. Smiley Happy

Wow, four or five items was indeed a good deal especially if they could be had for $49.99 alas likely with $6.99 S&H though. My set is a three piece of both the A.M & P.M. cleansers and the Essence with perpetual free S&H so both are good deals I think. 😊  I also ordered the Rose Noir Face/Eye Duo single shipment for my ultra dry skin for $62.00; I think each were usually $45.00. Not bad.

Trusted Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I hate to say it but ShopHQ , brings the best values and brings out the best in most vendors , I like HSN but it does nothing with Skinn. That last TSV was a joke. He used to have exciting TSV's , i am not blaming him.

Hi MW In Iowa. Now that you mention it, I think you're probably right especially when it comes to the presentations of Skinn. The presentations were definitely more high energy, often hilarious actually, and seemed to offer better deals.

The one thing that I have to give credit to HSN on is the shipping and handling. With my auto-ship from HSN on the three piece non-negotiables set I locked in free shipping and handling on each order; good luck with that when Dimitri was on ShopHQ/Evine. I recall that many fans of Skinn here lamented the often high costs for S&H as to why they didn't often buy more.

Also, do you think that his visits at HSN fewer and farther between as well as shorter than they were on the other network? He used to show up monthly before moving to HSN and stay longer.

BTW, anyone know why Evine switched back to ShopHQ? No big deal, just curious.

Well I do remember his anniversary non-negotiable set  every year was 4 or 5 items for 59.99 or maybe it was 49.99? That was a great deal on Evine. Nothing like that has happened so far on HSN. I'll keep waiting. Smiley Happy

Wow, four or five items was indeed a good deal especially if they could be had for $49.99 alas likely with $6.99 S&H though. My set is a three piece of both the A.M & P.M. cleansers and the Essence with perpetual free S&H so both are good deals I think. 😊  I also ordered the Rose Noir Face/Eye Duo single shipment for my ultra dry skin for $62.00; I think each were usually $45.00. Not bad.

Even with the 6.99 s/h { which I hate } it was still a great deal. 

Honored Contributor

I think I am just over Skinn and Dimitri.   I enjoyed him on Evine. Not so much now on HSN. The deals do not seem like deals.... I will move on to another line when I use up my Skinn products to replace his. 

Respected Contributor

I did buy the Foot Fetish duo, which wasn't previously sold on the site. I've used it before and it really helped my heels so I was hoping HSN would offer it. 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think I am just over Skinn and Dimitri.   I enjoyed him on Evine. Not so much now on HSN. The deals do not seem like deals.... I will move on to another line when I use up my Skinn products to replace his. 

It's nice to have free shipping but in order for that, prices went up. I agree the Evine shows were livelier and they offered more variety. Maybe Dimitri asked for less shows and less items to be sold, I don't know. But since I only use Foot Fetish and the 6X balm trios, I don't have a big need for anything in his line and buy when offered.  

Honored Contributor

If I were going to be cynical...I'd say that HSN/QVC poached Skinn from ShopHQ/Evine primarily to hamstring their only serious home shopping competition (ShopHQ) by stealing ShopHQ's top skincare line. And that HSN did it without really caring about what would happen to Skinn once they had them under contract...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I really don't care if a vendor has had "work done", etc., I only care about if I am satisfied with what I purchase.  I just started buying Skinn this year and I like the items I have purchased and think I see results.  Right now I'm "on a break"  in order to use some items I have from other brands.  (phasing some out, but can't just throw them in garbage)  I never did see Skinn on Evine as I never watched that channel.    I like the free shipping from HSN, but see how much the prices have gone up since I began watching this year.  Hope they bring in more good kits which usually relates to a better price per item.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I really don't care if a vendor has had "work done", etc., I only care about if I am satisfied with what I purchase.  I just started buying Skinn this year and I like the items I have purchased and think I see results.  Right now I'm "on a break"  in order to use some items I have from other brands.  (phasing some out, but can't just throw them in garbage)  I never did see Skinn on Evine as I never watched that channel.    I like the free shipping from HSN, but see how much the prices have gone up since I began watching this year.  Hope they bring in more good kits which usually relates to a better price per item.

@ChazzyLady  - thanks for posting. Unable to watch the full hour shows but I saw some segments last night on Beauty Report. Host Amy has such a great sense of style - I would love to raid her closet/shoe collection!

@Daysdee  - I agree about the repetitive comments/speculations about hosts/vendors. And then there are the conspiracy rumors, LOL- always good for a belly laugh.

My ONLY interest is in the quality and effectiveness of the products. I'm in good shape with my supply and auto ship orders for my fav's but I always check for specials and show items. My next Skinn buy will prob be the new Manuka mask- the oil is FABULOUS 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I watched and purchased more of the DermAppeal. Happy to now have it on autoship. My favorite products are from his Pep40 line. I also love his Neck Amour Day and Night Creme set. Instant results with his neck cremes. If I can't find what I need on HSN at a good price, I watch his website and order direct. Right now he is offering 20% off with free shipping on orders over $50 or $75 (can't remember which amount). Try his neck cremes, I think you'll love them. 

Valued Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I have HSN now and what a complete JOKE!  Dimitri has his faced so filled up and then has the nerve to think we are idiots to buy his Pep40 lip and laugh line treatment.  Obviously his products don't really work if he has to fill his face like a balloon to sell his items.

Did you ever think maybe there might be more to it? Some medications can cause bloating and 'moon face'. My son was on Prednisone for an allergic reaction and his faced plumped up. I guess I am an "idiot" for buying his Pep40 line Smiley LOL. That's okay, this "idiot" will continue to use all of his Pep40 products and enjoy my younger, brighter looking skin. By the way, I do not agree with you about Dimitri's face. I think he looks great. 

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

@ChazzyLady  - thanks for posting. Unable to watch the full hour shows but I saw some segments last night on Beauty Report. Host Amy has such a great sense of style - I would love to raid her closet/shoe collection!

@Daysdee  - I agree about the repetitive comments/speculations about hosts/vendors. And then there are the conspiracy rumors, LOL- always good for a belly laugh.

My ONLY interest is in the quality and effectiveness of the products. I'm in good shape with my supply and auto ship orders for my fav's but I always check for specials and show items. My next Skinn buy will prob be the new Manuka mask- the oil is FABULOUS 

Hello there Chi-town girl, long time, no chat, nice to see/hear from you!

ITA completely when it comes to his or any other vendor's skin care products: do they work for ME. I purchased the single shipment duo of his DermAppeal. As I said previously, I'm already on auto-ship for the other three non-negotiables. Didn't really need auto-ship in the DermAppeal since, although it works for me, I tend to use it sparingly with my sensitive skin, no way do I use it two or three times a week.

I'm very bummed out that he discontinued the serum foundation duo with two different shades of foundation. I loved those and the two shades at the deepest end of the selections worked for me throughout the year. Boo hoo.😢 I am kind of considering giving his tinted Orchid Gel a try though.

A couple of things of his I tried didn't work for me like the products from his Enlightened Radiance line but since I am not the most patient woman in the world maybe I didn't use them long enough. Hyperpigmentation is one of those skin care issues that are tough to fix IMHO.

Overall I'm pleased with the products of his that are a staple part of my skincare routine.

Take care.😊