Frequent Contributor

Re: SKINN COSMETICS on Hautelook October 30th

I forgot about the Sale. :-o  I'm trying to read yur posts & also look at the products.

Hoping for yur assistance. :-) 

Eyes: I have dark lids & w/age I've strayed from eye shadow on lids use concealer!  I have used his smudge sticks for under eye. Wonder IF the BARELY THERE Smudge stick would help lighten the darkness? (w/the smudge sticks that come in a kit or w/a kit usually dark colors w/sometimes a lighter shade. 

Cheeks: I've always wanted to try TEEN TONE. the one availabe say's Pink. Checked his site & there are 5 shades none say Pink. It's hard to compare which this Teen Tone Pink is to the shades at his site. Or a close match?

Real Pearl & Mineral Blush, Bronze & Brightener Mosaic Compact - any input? I've not used this before.

Lips: think red's are better for me now. I had something from the past from Dimitri & it was in the red family & found it worked. W/age - it's keeps changing ;-). I used to wear reds, then found I had to moved to pinks but that's changed again.

Hollywood Red Lip Palette & wonder if those reds are very bright?

OR, if yu have other suggestions that are being offered for lips?

3 Minute Lip Party Mask, have it & like it. $5.00

I appreciate yur time helping me.

p.s. wuld they be able to sell product if it's past the 2 yr. date?

Respected Contributor

@darcey wrote:

I forgot about the Sale. :-o  I'm trying to read yur posts & also look at the products.

Hoping for yur assistance. :-) 

Eyes: I have dark lids & w/age I've strayed from eye shadow on lids use concealer!  I have used his smudge sticks for under eye. Wonder IF the BARELY THERE Smudge stick would help lighten the darkness? (w/the smudge sticks that come in a kit or w/a kit usually dark colors w/sometimes a lighter shade. 

Cheeks: I've always wanted to try TEEN TONE. the one availabe say's Pink. Checked his site & there are 5 shades none say Pink. It's hard to compare which this Teen Tone Pink is to the shades at his site. Or a close match?

Real Pearl & Mineral Blush, Bronze & Brightener Mosaic Compact - any input? I've not used this before.

Lips: think red's are better for me now. I had something from the past from Dimitri & it was in the red family & found it worked. W/age - it's keeps changing ;-). I used to wear reds, then found I had to moved to pinks but that's changed again.

Hollywood Red Lip Palette & wonder if those reds are very bright?

OR, if yu have other suggestions that are being offered for lips?

3 Minute Lip Party Mask, have it & like it. $5.00

I appreciate yur time helping me.

p.s. wuld they be able to sell product if it's past the 2 yr. date?

Looks like you're ready for a shopping spree a la Hautelook, @darcey !Woman LOL  Let's see if I can help.

The Bright Eyes can be used for coverage...or you could wear it alone.  It also works well as a dupe for Trish McEvoy's Triangle of Light.

I'm not sure on the Teen Tone, but I do use it.  That looks very close to the shade I use.  It looks very natural when applied.  Any that I've used (that would be several refills) have been fine here.

I have the Bronze & Brightener as well and really like it.  A little goes a long way, but it is a nice finishing compact for a little hint of color.

I also have the Hollywood Red Lip Palette.  Also a red girl, and this one I like.  The colors can be blended for all times of the year and occasions.

If you're looking to go back to shadows again, I can recommend 309-984 at Evine.com.  This is the BEST little twosome...a primer and setting veil.  Used together they provide coverage and a smooth palette, as well as a finishing veil lighter than air that morphs the shadow for a flawless, finished eye. HTH's

Happy shopping!Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gokat, you were very thorough! :-)  Thank you for taking the time to help me. Woman Happy

gives me some time, ends in 13hrs. ;-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There wasnt anything I needed in the Skinn sale but I did get a nice chrome (stand up) 10x make up mirror and a set of 2 nail clippers from the Swissco sale and a 3/4 in. ceramic flat iron from the Croc sale instead.    Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@w84WEN wrote:

Happy Day Dazzlers. Looks like Skinn Cosmetics will be coming to Hautelook on Friday, October 30th.

I'm really excited! 

@w84WEN @JeanLouiseFinch @Gokat @Krissy_1968 & any other Dazzlers in the know...any advance info about the Skinn items for the Hautelook event? I wish it started at midnight eastern time like a TSV Woman LOL

Hi @Chi-town girl sorry so long to reply but work and Halloween kept me busy...I did buy some Haute items...of course, my fave origianl stem rejens (1 face 1 eye as I know they are getting close to their expiration date :-( ) the smoky eye palette from last Xmas (I must own every eye shadow that man has made LOL) a set of cleansers for my cousin Xmas stocking, the felt tip eyeliners in espresso and navy (LOVE his felt tip liners) the Laugh fragrance trio ( I have the body creme and have prayed for a shower gel and perfume to go with it ...so prayers answered!) and the bronzer plasma flawess finish which I once gifted to my cousin but found I missed... I made over 100 bucks so free shipping Woman Indifferent 

Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Gokat @JeanLouiseFinch thanks for the discussions of "reds". I always wish that I had one around the holidays but never do. I'm just not comfortable wearing red on my lips or fingers but trying to step out of my comfort zone so I think I'll pick up the Red Lip Palette.

Good choice, @Tique !  @JeanLouiseFinch and I both have this one.  I love the palettes for the reasons you mention, especially that blending ability.  Let us know how you like it!Smiley Very Happy

@Gokat and @JeanLouiseFinch I received my Palette yesterday morning and decided to jump right in. Last night I wore one of the brightest reds on my bottom lip and the darkest color in the kit on my top lip. I did rub them together but it was still obvious that I had two different colors on my lips. While grocery shopping two women approached me and said they liked the look and were going to give it a try. Don't know if they were kidding or not but I chose to take it as a compliment. Thanks for the push to try red.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Gokat @JeanLouiseFinch thanks for the discussions of "reds". I always wish that I had one around the holidays but never do. I'm just not comfortable wearing red on my lips or fingers but trying to step out of my comfort zone so I think I'll pick up the Red Lip Palette.

Good choice, @Tique !  @JeanLouiseFinch and I both have this one.  I love the palettes for the reasons you mention, especially that blending ability.  Let us know how you like it!Smiley Very Happy

@Gokat and @JeanLouiseFinch I received my Palette yesterday morning and decided to jump right in. Last night I wore one of the brightest reds on my bottom lip and the darkest color in the kit on my top lip. I did rub them together but it was still obvious that I had two different colors on my lips. While grocery shopping two women approached me and said they liked the look and were going to give it a try. Don't know if they were kidding or not but I chose to take it as a compliment. Thanks for the push to go red.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."