Contributor

Re: SKINN COSMETICS TS ON HSN

I totally agree St.Thomaslover ....I dont know what he is doing, but people are getting angry.  Everytime I talk to anyone about Skinn they say the same things....pricing has gone way up, no more good deals on daily specials, ect.....

There are a LOT of good skincare brands out there to choose from.  I think he may think he has a corner on the market.  Yes his products are good, but I've tried other brands that were just as good and cheaper.  I really want to continue using his products but not at the prices he is trying to get.  After all, he has told us numerous times, there is no middle man, and he doesnt pay for advertising, so why is he selling his products for so much????  I used to think it was because he had to cover his loses when he sold super sizes at a great price.  But thats not happening anymoreSmiley Frustrated

PS Had to smile at your user name.    St Thomas is one of my favorite places on earth, go there oftenSmiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

Oh I hope not. I am dermapeeled to death. We need better show and choices of products. I just don't understand and it is a long time now since he came to HSN. I have heard all the stories about why but action is needed.

Very disappointing.

It's definitely going to be a super size Dermapeel and regular size for the body. I saw it on Facebook. So disappointed. I guess we aren't going to see the much beloved kits of the past.

Honored Contributor

Quit using the derma peel... so no sale from me.  He is going to profess how he uses it everyday and how much it helps his BOTOXED LIFTED FILLED skin... NOT!

Contributor

Does HSN set the pricing and determine how the products are bundled or does Dimitri? It's such a drastic change from his Evine days, I can't figure out what's going on. I agree it's going to be hard to get a foothold in HSN when he's one of a bazillion skincare lines and he's not doing anything to set himself apart. 

I want to stick with Skinn, but I actually like many of the older, discontinued products much better than the newer stuff he's come out with. I wish he'd bring back the original 24 Hour Cream and his Plasma Fusion Foundation.

Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure HSN sets the pricing. I remember Skip saying that HSN wouldn't let them increase their price. That was some time ago. Am guessing the vendor picks up free shipping.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ShelbelleConnie is doing her own thing, but they are friends.  He went to her house yesterday and did a "live" from her kitchen.  

@JeanLouiseFinch    I was hoping Connie would eventually take over some of the Skinn shows as the guest vendor but unless there are some major changes soon that won't be needed.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, I actually believe D is trying to build a new customer base at HSN/QVC. Remember most of these customers never shopped Evine and have no Idea who he is. Why would a new customer buy a giant set of giant products if they've never heard of the brand? I wouldn't. I'd start slowly with small items first and work my way out to the big ones. A sample kit would be smart but it hasn't shown up. As a long time customer I personally would like a huge kit but I understand the process.  Yes, I know D was at HSN but that was a looooooong time ago. 

Honored Contributor

@BeautyAddictt wrote:

Does HSN set the pricing and determine how the products are bundled or does Dimitri? It's such a drastic change from his Evine days, I can't figure out what's going on. I agree it's going to be hard to get a foothold in HSN when he's one of a bazillion skincare lines and he's not doing anything to set himself apart. 

I want to stick with Skinn, but I actually like many of the older, discontinued products much better than the newer stuff he's come out with. I wish he'd bring back the original 24 Hour Cream and his Plasma Fusion Foundation.

The plasma foundation is back.

Honored Contributor

I'm new to this line since Dimitri came to HSN.  I have bought many items and like them.  Disappointed in the TS and won't purchase it.   I'm also going to dig out some of my other brands and return to using some of them.   

Honored Contributor

I was reading the other day that if you use Retinol you should not use any exfoliators because the Retinol is doing that.  I was already being careful not to over-exfoliate, so this is an easy pass for me.  I'm also not much for doing maks, especially not on a daily basis.