Honored Contributor

Do you think skincare products have to be the same brand to work efficiently? I tend to use moisturizer and eye cream from Skinsceuticals thinking they’re formulated similarly and therefore compliment each other.

What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

Of course not!,  Mix and match what works.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not. As a matter of fact it is rare for a complete line of skin care to have great products across the board. The only skin care lines where I can use 3 or more products in the line are Drunk Elephant and Paulas Choice. So many times I find a cleanser and chemical exfoliant (or whatever) I like by the same line but cannot find more products in that skin care line that don't have irritating ingredients like fragrance, etc... or are just poorly formulated or maybe they packaged in a jar (which is a deal breaker).

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty much a marketing strategy (ploy) to say an entire routine from the same line will work more synergistically.  As for me and my routine, I'm a cherry picker.  

Honored Contributor

For me, there has not been one skincare line that everything works.  I have found that mixing different skincare lines for what works in particular areas has enhanced my skin immensely in both feel and look.  It is what works for each individual.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.   All the skin care companies want you to believe if you buy one of their products, then you have to buy their whole line.    (that Skinn guy comes to mind with all his "non-negotiables" -- laughable)   Find the ingredients and products that your skin needs and responds to - they do not need to all be the same brand.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

No. But once in a while a brand will make a pair of products that, when combined, becomes activated. This would be the only instance where I would say yes.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I don't think you have to stick with one brand.  That said, I've only used Isomers for several years now... not because I think I need to stick with one brand, but because I think these are quality products that work for me and don't irritate my sensitive skin.  Also, since I wait until the products I like are on sale, I keep it as affordable as possible.  However, I'm open to trying other brands... The ordinary in om my list.