Honored Contributor

SKINCARE/MAKEUP SOLD "BUNDLED"

I'm noticing it's more difficult on Q to purchase just one product. There's usually a "set" of Philososophy and maybe one in the set that's not used. Makeup is sold in groups as well...3 lipsticks, Foundation w/ brush, eyeshadow w/ brush, liner and mascara. 

Of course, we all see through the tactic that the price is higher for 3 items instead of 1. Sometimes I'd like to gift just a bath gel and not also pay for lotion and spritz.

Respected Contributor

Re: SKINCARE/MAKEUP SOLD "BUNDLED"

DITTO

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm noticing it's more difficult on Q to purchase just one product. There's usually a "set" of Philososophy and maybe one in the set that's not used. Makeup is sold in groups as well...3 lipsticks, Foundation w/ brush, eyeshadow w/ brush, liner and mascara. 

Of course, we all see through the tactic that the price is higher for 3 items instead of 1. Sometimes I'd like to gift just a bath gel and not also pay for lotion and spritz.

I agree @Shanus, especially with the philosophy shower gels. I guess it is a good way to try a scent I may not buy alone, but if I don't like it then I'm stuck with that one. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I agree @Shanus, especially with the philosophy shower gels. I guess it is a good way to try a scent I may not buy alone, but if I don't like it then I'm stuck with that one. 

Being stuck w/ 32 oz. is no joke!!

Honored Contributor

The sets are bad until they're good.  I reject most sets and I also can't remember ever taking a advantage of buy one get the other for less.  On the other hand, without some of the sets and kits, I'd stay stuck in my own ruts year after year.  I actually try new products and new scents just because they're packaged together and feel like a value to me.

But that same thing happens at the supermarkets, too.  Almost all of them do BOGO's and for someone like me who lives alone 99.99% of the time, I really don't much need the "..GO"  of BOGO.  There's that same push nowadays woth coupons -  many are for quantities I just have no interest in buying.

Of course, it's all about the money, but it's all about the money on both sides of the transaction, you know.  When I don't want to order a whole set -  it's about MY money. and when a company wants me to buy a set, it's about THEIR money!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

The sets are bad until they're good.  I reject most sets and I also can't remember ever taking a advantage of buy one get the other for less.  On the other hand, without some of the sets and kits, I'd stay stuck in my own ruts year after year.  I actually try new products and new scents just because they're packaged together and feel like a value to me.

But that same thing happens at the supermarkets, too.  Almost all of them do BOGO's and for someone like me who lives alone 99.99% of the time, I really don't much need the "..GO"  of BOGO.  There's that same push nowadays woth coupons -  many are for quantities I just have no interest in buying.

Of course, it's all about the money, but it's all about the money on both sides of the transaction, you know.  When I don't want to order a whole set -  it's about MY money. and when a company wants me to buy a set, it's about THEIR money!

ITA @millieshops

Honored Contributor

About the only times I like to buy bundles is during the holidays or when I need several gifts to give away. This way I pick out all the things I want to keep and give the rest away as gifts.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't do kits or bundles.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

About the only times I like to buy bundles is during the holidays or when I need several gifts to give away. This way I pick out all the things I want to keep and give the rest away as gifts.Woman Happy

Great idea!!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

After forgoing those BOGO deals on things I knew I couldn't use up by myself before they went bad (mainly produce), I read the ultra-fine print in the circular. Turns out that in my supermarket, if it's a straight BOGO and it's not marked "must buy 2" or something similar, you can buy one at half price. I was amazed, but did a test purchase and found it really did take 50% off.

You might want to double-check with your store to see if they have a similar policy.