Honored Contributor

Agree @JeanLouiseFinch .  Dr. D revealed she had work done.  People having work done still need to take care of their skin.  I don't find that she's made any false claims.  

Trusted Contributor

Paula Begoun had a facelift, I recall reading her blog.  It was pretty radical, she had nurses and a caretaker to handle the house IIRC.  At least she admitted it.  

I still use her products because I like them and they work for me.  

What aggravates me the most is the 18-20 year old models who ostensibly use wrinkle creams.  Roll eyes!

Honored Contributor

Yep--100% hype!!! I use a few products that I can actually see a difference  but mostly, your skin is all about your genes---my mom had great skin and luckily, I got those good genes , as did my DD, not from any specific product. My most important skin care is using spf eveyday!! Have been doing that for decades!!!

Honored Contributor

When Dr D first had her major changes done, she announced that what she had done no cream or potion would change. Had to be done with a knife and scalpel. 

Yesterday, I really thought she didnt look as good as she has been, could be that Skype often distorts. 

Honored Contributor

I know skin care products will not "get rid of wrinkles".  I'm  not stupid.  However, I do take well care of my skin & have done so since my teens.  I think that has helped keep my skin looking relatively healthy, but yes, as I get older I will wrinkle, as we all do.  I'll still continue to use skin care products to keep my skin looking healthy.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: SKIN CARE CLAIMS

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Agree @JeanLouiseFinch .  Dr. D revealed she had work done.  People having work done still need to take care of their skin.  I don't find that she's made any false claims.  

@San Antonio Gal   @JeanLouiseFinch   @Teddixat 

Honestly, I don't know why this is so hard for women to grasp, but getting an eyelid or face lift does nothing for wrinkles, except lift them.

Wrinkles and lines are dealt with by using retinol, botox or dermabrasion.  (Maybe I left something out)

Also ..... not every woman who uses any sort of targeted beauty routine is looking to "look younger". 

Most of the time, they just don't want to look any OLDER.    Big difference.