Respected Contributor

SK-II vs. Missha Time Revolution

Have any of you tried the supposed dupe for SK-II ??? The Missha product, Time Revolution, is supposedly equally as good at 1/4 the price. Would love to hear from anyone who has used either product!!  Thanks!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SK-II vs. Missha Time Revolution

@Jacie

I am using the Missha TR now. It is only the 2nd essence I've tried, Tatcha being the 1st. I love the hydration!!

In looking over the ingredients, I favor the TR by far.

I have no idea why the SK essence is so expensive. Tatcha is, too, if you ask me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm using Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence (there are a couple of different ones) and I really like it.  Watery texture but great hydration.

Haven't tried SK-II because of the ridiculous price, although Costco online does have it in a larger size at a discount price on occasion (usually around Christmas).

Respected Contributor

@Harpaand @River Song

Thanks so much for your responses! Seems like we are the minority on this topic! I just got the Time Revolution Intense and, like both of you, am LOVING the hydration it brings my skin! The Intense formula is for wrinkles and fading, so I am hoping to even out my skin tone, have some repair and plump everything up!  Thank you again!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie@River Song@Harpa  I like using an essence.  My favorite was Tony Moly but it's disappeared.  As much as I like many Skinn products, I don't like the Skinn Softening Essence at all.  It feels kinda to slimey to me.  Tony Moly's was just like water, no slip at all.  When I ran out, I tried a PTR product and most recently 100% rose water which is very good for the skin in many ways..  The PTR had a little slip, but not bad, and a good amount of peptides but it wasn't quite like the TM Essence.  I like the rose water very much.  It can be misted on, applied with a cotton pad, or puddled in your hand and pressed on.  I mist then press.  I'd never even consider spending the money on SK-II.  I've heard good things about Missha's Time Revolution but haven't tried it yet.  Does it have any "slip"?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @JeanLouiseFinch

The TR does not have slip. It, too, is watery like Tatcha and the one you wrote about.

The Skinn essence has quite a lot of things in it. I like a simpler ingredient deck. I especially liked the Tatcha for the green tea.

HTH!