Honored Contributor

SINFUL NAIL POLISH @ WALGREENS

[ Edited ]

I apologize if I'm repeating old news, but I just found out Sinful makes some colors which are only sold by Walgreens.

My DD started picking up colors for me because they were so pretty.  At $1.99 or $2.99 a bottle, I assumed they weren't very good, but now I love them. 

I went to Walgreens myself, which is a little corner store in our neighborhood, and was amazed by how many colors they had.  My go to favorite is Jam On, a soft rose/mauve.  Looking for a backup bottle, I found out it isn't sold anywhere else.

cc @Irshgrl31201

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SINFUL NAIL POLISH @ WALGREENS

[ Edited ]

I just got back from shopping with my daughter and I was going to start a thread for you and then I saw this @Noel7. lol!!! What a coincidence.

She went to Walmart and while i was there I found some really cute polishes and they are made by a brand called Salon Perfect. It is similar to Sinful Colors in the fact that it is a really decent nail polish at a good price. I think they are slightly more expensive than SC but not by much. It think each bottle was around $3.25.

Anyway, they had a collection called Neon Pop. Some really cute bright colors and I am assuming it is their spring or summer collection. Like other neon collections, it comes with "white underwear" meant to be worn under these colors and to make them brighter and to pop even more, it is just a white nail polish. They happened to be out of that but I do have white from another brand I can use. I also wanted to see how these looked without the underwear. I bought about 7 bottles and I really love these even without using underwear. They are bright but not super bright and would be perfect for doing a skittle (A manicure where there is a different color on each nail) Neons also dry really quick (which is nice) and they do dry down rather dull so you will need a top coat to bring them back to life. 

I looked for swatches so you could see what these looked like and I have to say that Neons are notoriously difficult to takes pictures of and these are no different. As a matter of fact mine look very different from these swatches and I think they look much better. The Bermuda Baby is the blue and it is just gorgeous. It looks so different from this swatch. It has a slight shimmer that you really can't see here. A lot of them have this slight shimmer. This is one of the prettiest blue colors I own. I also wanted to say that many times the bloggers hate Neons but only because their formulas are so difficult and you need many coats. I am seeing that most bloogers loved this formula and I thought it was great. I will give it a try with the white underwear but right now I am loving them on their own.

I don't normally ever shop at WalMart so I am really glad I did today. 

Here they are

Image result for salon perfect neon pop bermuda baby swatches

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

Today I was grocery shopping at Giant Foods and the display of Sinful Polish was in the drug area.

I have never used it, but the colorful display caught my eye!

How's that for coincidence??!!

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

Today I was grocery shopping at Giant Foods and the display of Sinful Polish was in the drug area.

I have never used it, but the colorful display caught my eye!

How's that for coincidence??!!

They sure are hitting the market @Libbylady. I had a Sinful color on two weeks while I was down with a cold and it never chipped. I'm impressed for that price.

Respected Contributor

For those of you using Sinful nail polish, what base/top coat, if any do you use?

Honored Contributor

Hi @Irshgrl31201 😀

I like that pink and peach.  Sinful has a couple of greens and golds out for St. Patrick's Day, and a clear with little shamrocks in it.  I got the green called San Francisco.

Re: bright colors now, I realized OPI and ESSIE put out colors that are out of season, so I grab those I like and just hang on to them until the time is right.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

For those of you using Sinful nail polish, what base/top coat, if any do you use?

Hi @Sunshine Kate

I use OPI Nail Envy as a base for any polish I use.  For a top coat, I use a Sally Hansen strengthening top coat because my nails aren't strong.  On top of that top coat I use Essie Good To Go, it helps dry fast, and adds even more strength and shine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Irshgrl31201 😀

I like that pink and peach.  Sinful has a couple of greens and golds out for St. Patrick's Day, and a clear with little shamrocks in it.  I got the green called San Francisco.

Re: bright colors now, I realized OPI and ESSIE put out colors that are out of season, so I grab those I like and just hang on to them until the time is right.

Oh dear Lord, I must get the one with shamrocks in it! Thanks!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I thought you'd like the shamrocks @Irshgrl31201 Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I use Wet N Wild base coat and Out the Door top coat. I get the latter at Sallys. I used to use Seche Vite but I was getting too much shrinkage and by the time my bottle was half full it would get too thick so the girl at Sallys told me both were common problems with SV and suggested this. It is the best top coat I have used. Super shiny. 

I use Wet n Wild because my nails are pretty good. I don't have problems with peeling or breakage so I don't need a treatment. I really like this basecoat. I use the same base/top coat for all polishes. I don't ever wear the base/top coat to match the brand of polish I am using.

JFK