Valued Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY 2015--Week of June 29

I would like to be a lot farther on my Simplifying Journey than I am.  One area that I'm very pleased about is the reduction of the amount of food in my pantry/s.  It took some getting used to but I love the open space. 

M weight keeps bouncing around, so I get hesitant about getting rid of some of my clothes, although I have weeded out quite a bit.

One area I have a problem with is letting go of handbags.  I've gotten very particular about the interior design of the bags that I use, and I have many that just don't work for me anymore.  I need to take a deep breath and get rid of them, even though they're so nice!

Valued Contributor

I forgot to mention that I'd like to have my cosmetics reduced, cookware thinned out, and my garage decluttered by the end of the year.  It's slow going, but I'll just keep on trucking.

Respected Contributor

Anniecamp--one thing I'm telling myself is that it takes as long as it takes.

As for the purses--I just got rid of a bag full of purses, including a D&B.  I haven't carried it for 10 years, I wasn't ever going to carry it again because it was too big and someone is going to be all excited that they found a D&B at the goodwil.

Valued Contributor

Kelli, you're right.  It's a matathon, not a sprint, and a process, not an "event".  It sure would be nice it if was. Smiley Happy

I need to think about what you reminded me regarding the bags.  How thrilled others could be to find my nice bags at a thrift store.  It would be a good thing for me to meditate regarding my selfishness and concentrate on how to get rid of that trait.  Surely, it's not becoming.  LOL!

Valued Contributor

Oh if I'd only proofread before I click post.  I meant marathon, not matathon.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This is my first post since the forum changed, so I'm just testing now. 

Respected Contributor

Okay, so that seemed to work.

Hi girls, 

May I join in your quest to simplify? I have a hubby, two young boys, two dogs, and a turtle. Needless to say, my house is sometimes a zoo. I would love to simplify and create more time for me and my family. 

I have always worked intermittent since my kids were born, but in March my boss took my occasional position away and I had to work 5 days a week. I was so miserable, I was running around like crazy, just barely keeping my head above water keeping up with just the basics around here. So  I just found a different ocassional job and I start July 7. I left my old job, I'd worked there for 18 years, because I refused to work full time and give up my whole life. 

I wasn't able to do any decluttering at all for about 4 months, but I've been off for the last week and it feels good to get back into things again. I've gone thru both my boys rooms and we have a few things to donate and a lot of little trinkets went into the trash. It's amazing now quickly kids accummulate "stuff". I have 3 bags and a box in the back of my car to donate and I hope to fill one more small bag and get it dropped off my Monday. I'm finally starting to feel back to normal again!

Valued Contributor

Welcome, mmom!  It sounds like you've been getting a lot done.  I hope your new job works out well for you.