Honored Contributor

SHORT HAIR...NO MORE CURLS...LESS PRODUCTS

I mentioned earlier that I cut off my chin length curly bob and have a pixie cut. No "what to do w/ 2nd day hair", no special arsenal of products like curl enhancing mousse, gel, frizz protector, leave in conditioners, & hair bands & clips in case all of the above fail.

I just finished packing up all these products to keep in closet just in case I grow it out again. It's about 2" long w/ layers & bangs...another inch and then it curls.

This morning after washing it in the shower, I touseled it w/ volumizing mousse & it was dry before my moisturizer was applied. Feeling carefree & ready for spring.

Who else loves short hair?

Respected Contributor

Re: SHORT HAIR...NO MORE CURLS...LESS PRODUCTS

ME

Honored Contributor

I do!  I do!  I do!!!  Love just "scrunching" my fingers through it after it's dried (which takes so little time!) and....voila!!!!!!!  Good to go!

Respected Contributor

I like it on other people, just not on me.  First year of retirement, I cut mine really short - hated it - now chin length.  Will never do that again!

Respected Contributor

I like short hair too.  I envy you though having some curl. Mine is stick straight and have always wished I had some curl!

Honored Contributor

I would love to have short hair but I have a lot of poker straight hair.  With short hair I look like Moe of the Three Stooges.

The only time I was able to have wash and wear hair was back in the 80s when perms reigned supreme.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, I think that you and I might have similar type hair. Mine is very curly and tends to frizz. I hope that you enjoy the cut.

I could never pull off a pixie cut because of the shape of my face and its structure, but for most of my adult life, I did have short hair. I would blow dry the front and try to blend it in with the rest. I was never very pleased.

So about three years ago, I decided to let it grow almost to shoulder length (that's after it's dry), with the help of a very good stylist who knows curly hair. I do follow the curly hair rules (except I use a sulfate-free shampoo). For me, this was a very good decision.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Oh, I am contemplating....-not like a pixie.  When it's really humid here, somewhat straight hair can look....greasy. You are blessed with curls-you will never look unkempt because you have body!

I have gotten more body over the last two years-and a short cut can be liberating: good for you!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I'm so envious!  I'd love to have hair like that.  But I have fine (and now thinning) bone-straight hair and short looks terrible on me.  And wearing it short is actually more work for me than having it long.

Trusted Contributor

I like short hair on other people, but my mom ruined it for me. When I was little she saw that my curly hair wasn't just baby hair and from the 1st grade on she had me get pixie cuts because she believed the weight of long hair would permanently pull out the curl! I really rebelled in Jr high, but my youth I was mistaken for a boy often or didn't get to do what my friends did with their hair.

I tried short hair, as an adult, after having a baby only to be asked if I liked women! No. Well that wasn't due to my mom but I may try it in my senior years to grow out grey.