Valued Contributor
@Shanus
Hi ladies~happy Sunday 🌺
I have a few serious chronic illnesses that I take medication for. And, I’m 58 now as well. I find that being on the way to other side of menopause, that my skin, hair & nails are all dryer. Unless sweaty & just plain icky, or I’m in the salt water pool at my gym & my hair gets wet...I wash my hair twice a week. When I was younger I did wash every day. Plus, I used to put many more products in to style it!
I take very good care of all three. Eat healthy, take vitamins~one being for all three with Biotin and Collagen. I drink tons of water...appx, 96-120 ounces a day. It’s truly easy once you get used to it.
My only bugaboo is my hair is cut in a slightly layered bob with fringe bangs (to cover up a scar, from a bad fall). I had it long straight & let it go all natural. It was a blondfish grey with some dark blond underneath. I was fine with it. My family couldn’t stand it. They finally dragged me for a haircut & the stylist suggested ”low lights”. I said ok and now I love it. My hair is naturally wavy to curly depending on weather. But, I like it straight & turned underneath. Some mornings, if I have to spritz it with some plain water & leave in conditioner & blow dry it a bit. I also have a heated brush & straighiener if my curls are getting bad!!!
Our metabolism change as we age. Once I finally figured out what all that meant, I was better able to take good care of it!
Good luck!
Honored Contributor

I have to wash mine every day or every other day.   It is as greasy as it was when I was a teenager.  

Honored Contributor

I wash Wednesday and Sunday with Sunday being my deep condition day. Come the hotter and humid weather, that my change to simply every other day. My medical issues make you prone to very dry everything; the meds dry your skin out and I'm post menopause so dryness is a HUGE issue for me.

My hair looks great, I have to say. : )

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

My hair is very short and "baby fine". I must shampoo once a day. I also hate when I can smell peoples hair that has not been shampooed every day. UGH!!!

I'm with you, if you don't wash my baby fine hair every day it will look greasy and lay down absolutely flat to my head.

Honored Contributor

The most I can go is one day without washing, that's just my personal preference . I look in the bathroom mirror and if the bed head isn't really bad shower cap goes on. I have an above the shoulder layered style, so the bed head can be really bad. Usually I wash it five days a week.

My hair is very dry, so I use deep conditioning masks a few times a week. Sometimes I add some coconut oil. I do it in reverse, I wet my hair and put the mask on. Have my coffee, putter around, then shampoo it out in the shower. Once a week I just do two shampoos and no conditioning.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I wash mine every other day. It's hot now so depends on what I'm doing that day. I will wash it daily if I need it. I just washed it yesterday but was out in the yard planting flowers in the heat so I will wash it again when I jump in the shower.

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I think I am going to try a sulfate shampoo. Have heard good things about them. Next time I am out I will pick up a bottle. 

@luvdoodles I have been using sulfate free shampoo. I add Argan oil to the shampoo plus the conditioner or my hair gets really dry. I have never used a sulfate free shampoo that did not make my hair dry after using several times.

Super Contributor

Now that I am retired yes. I used to wash my hair everyday for work.

Honored Contributor

My hair hasn't changed since I was a teenager.  I wash it every day and sometimes twice a day if I am going out in the evening.

My hair is very oily.  I use no products on my hair,  except shampoo.

My skin is normal to oily.  No moisturizing lotions or creams for me.

Respected Contributor

Ok I can try that, I have some of Josie Marans argon oil. Thanks for the tip. I am getting my hair done on Tuesday.