Honored Contributor

@judsey wrote:

I still have a lot of shampoo with sulfate, so i dilute it with water. i dilute because i have color treated hair with highlights. i wash about 3x/week. I have thick hair, so it doesnt look oily between washes. 

@judsey  That’s interesting that the diluted sulfate shampoo does not fade your color.

Honored Contributor

@judsey wrote:

I still have a lot of shampoo with sulfate, so i dilute it with water. i dilute because i have color treated hair with highlights. i wash about 3x/week. I have thick hair, so it doesnt look oily between washes. 

@judsey- Having thick hair myself, I can get away with not washing daily.  Thank goodness for dry shampoo too!

Respected Contributor

I shampoo every day. In cold months I can get away with every other day but dont like it

Valued Contributor

I have thick, course hair that is a couple of inches below my shoulder.  During the summer months I have my hair up in a bun and put no extra product in my hair other than shampoo/conditioner and btw it is colored.  

I only shampoo/condition/hair oil my hair once a week.  If I did it more it would become straw and stress out my hair.  I have very little natural oil to make it greasy needing more frequent washing.  

Everyone has different hair conditions that are specific to them.  I wash my hair once a week others need daily washing others need something in between.  So you have to be aware of what looks best for you.

Honored Contributor
I shampoo everyday if I have been using a lot of product...otherwise I wash every other day if I can get away with it; it has already been close to 100 degrees here so I know it will be everyday shampoo for me once the heat sets in til September. My hair is babyfine ano it does nothing but hang otherwise.
Honored Contributor
Once a week? Ewww
Honored Contributor

I remember when I was in 8th grade and I would tease my hair a little and wash my hair once a week to let the oils come up a tad.  Now we have a tendency to shampoo more often yet do we really need to?  I shampoo every 2 days and would like to try every 3.  My hair is never dirty when I shampoo nor oily.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor
When I use Jason Jojoba shampoo & conditioner I am able to skip two days or even three without washing my hair. But when I use regular shampoos my hair Begins to smell a bit bad the next day.
Super Contributor

I had a co-worker who did not wash her hair often.  Well she had the worse head smell and it was very strong.  I did not get to close to her at work because you could smell her head right away.  Many people don't reallize how dirty hair gets just from being outside and all the pollution... In the Spring and Summer hair gets all the pollen and that stays in your hair when you sleep and you breath all that in.  Wash your hair and be clean with yourself - most of us don't want to smell your head.... Almost as bad as BO>>>UGH>>>

Respected Contributor

When I was younger  I could skip  but now I need to do it every day