Honored Contributor

It would concern me more that IT Cosmetics are made in China rather than the date being expired. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

It would concern me more that IT Cosmetics are made in China rather than the date being expired. 

Good point.  However, since everything else we purchase and many things we eat are processed in China, that pales in Comparison.  We are a China economy  @ID2 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Regular Contributor

OMG this is so important. Thank you for this awesome tip and warning. This reminds me of a few years back when I ordered a well touted QVC beauty brand and order her face cream and when I put it on, I broke out all over my face like in big red welts! Holy cow. I called customer service and they quickly refunded my money and had many apologies for my inconvenience. From that moment on, I NEVER buy anything in beauty from QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHAME ON QVC

[ Edited ]

Here's a little more on the expired Lancome Teint Idole. I went to Macy's site and read the reviews and there were many recent complaints from customers that received expired product. I'm speculating that production of the products was too high due to the pandemic. Buying could have been lower and vendors were stuck with excess product. QVC, though, didn't start selling Lancome until very recently, so maybe their order from Lancome was older than what would it  had been prepanfemic, because even Lancome was overstocked with the older product. This makeup really oxidizes and changes consistency close to expiration. I've had many foundations that showed no change the entire time I owned them. I also think that warm warehouses and shipping conditions are accelerating the product's breakdown. My foundation was completely unwearable. It was a shade of orange than bad self tanners give you. 😡🍊🍑🎃🥕

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@retiredgal69 I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't believe there are people defending QVC on this.  Yes these companies send products to QVC for sale.  But how do any of you know that QVC isn't the one who has kept these products in the warehouse for far too long?  That is more than likely what is happening here.  I have brought this up before.  When is the last time QVC sold Bobbi Brown or Clinique on air?  Yet there are items in inventory from both of these brands on .com.  Do you think you you order one of these items that Clinique or BB are shipping them to Q for sale to you?  I'm thinking these items have been sitting in a Q warehouse and are old.  Very old.  

I've mentioned the TILI boxes a number of times.  Some of those boxes still being sold have reviews that are 2 years old.  I would bet my last dollar the boxes have been sitting in a Q warehouse for that long.  

Other make-up items have reviews that are years old as well.  Again, I would bet with many of these items, QVC got X amount into its warehouse to be sold and that is where they have been sitting.  Most of these aren't products newly shipped to QVC.  In the case of new kits, product launches, etc., if those are old that is not QVC's fault exactly, but they certainly should be checking out what they are selling.

There is a huge difference between me buying brand new items and keeping them too long, and buying something new that is already old and/or expired.  Yes I have make-up that has been in my collection for a long time.  I have also had to pitch certain make-up items that have turned because they were old.  But when I bought them, they were new.  I don't go to a make-up counter or store and purchase something that is 2, 3, 4+ years old.             

@Lipstickdiva 

Your comments make the most sense.   I think a LOT of all sorts of products have sat in warehouses due to the covid thing.   Warehouses aren't usually air conditioned (or climate controlled) to my knowledge. 

It's my guess that most retailers have older product they are hoping to sell through with a minimum or complaints, fingers crossed.   It doesn't mean those retailers ar trying to pull a fast one on their consumers.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I wish you could find a fresh bottle.  It's really a nice, silky foundation.  I tried to buy a new bottle the other day but couldn't find a way to buy it on their website. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Unopened eyeshadow goes bad?  Even opened, I literally use eyeshadows for years.

Me too! I am reading this thread and thinking boy, I am in trouble.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@retiredgal69 wrote:

OMG this is so important. Thank you for this awesome tip and warning. This reminds me of a few years back when I ordered a well touted QVC beauty brand and order her face cream and when I put it on, I broke out all over my face like in big red welts! Holy cow. I called customer service and they quickly refunded my money and had many apologies for my inconvenience. From that moment on, I NEVER buy anything in beauty from QVC. 

@retiredgal69  - just because you had a reaction to an ingredient to whatever beauty product you purchased doesn't mean all QVC beauty is bad.  I had a reaction to a Tacha product I tried from QVC.   There's some ingredient that didn't agree with my skin.  I'm not refusing to ever buy beauty products from QVC because my skin had a reaction.  I think your reasoning is a bit extreme.

Occasional Contributor