Respected Contributor
@BarbiHollywood, no offense, but if you sounded as unhinged with customer service as you do now, maybe they just didn’t want to engage with you about it?
Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Awful merchandise?  OP said she tried all the products, and she did not notice anything unusual about any of them.  As far as I'm concerned, four years is not outdated on these products.  In all these years I've been wearing makeup I've had one bottle of liquid foundation go bad, and two lipsticks.  I'm sure these all had been opened for quite some time, and contaminated by bacteria I had intoduced into the products.  

@depglass   What  did you notice specifically about the lipsticks that indicated they were bad?

Respected Contributor
Lipstick sometimes smells funny when it’s old.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHAME ON QVC

[ Edited ]

@BarbiHollywood @One thing about your product is that it was made four years ago, but we don't know what the expiration date is for this product, or even if there is an expiration date. We do know when it was made and how long after it is opened it should be used for. We are still missing an expiration date. It products often contain high levels of zinc oxide, which is a powerful germ killer. This could be why It has not posted an expiration date. The ingredient listing for each product could provide some insight into each one's longevity. 

Respected Contributor

@Venezia Hi!  I've always just held QVC to a much higher standard than selling anything other than new/fresh makeup.  The Bye Bye Pores was part of the kit so it has to go back with the rest of the items, but my main concern was the CC cream and even the mascara.  Anything old should never be used in the eye area.  And, right, I stated that the CS reps don't have knowledge about much of the issues with merchandise, that's why I asked that someone in a more supervisory position contact me.  I honestly don't think that they will, but we'll see.

I'm done with this for today!!  I'm appreciative that my eyes are now open to checking dates and such.

Have a good night, all!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

That is what made me so mad at Huda Beauty.  I had to send a series of photos two times to get them to replace two palettes.  Uploading, cropping, saving and sending with explanation.  That was a considerable chunk of time.

Honored Contributor

I do hope you are all checking the food you buy and put inside your bodies as carefully as you check these more external products.  There's barely a month that goes by that I don't pass up expired food products. That's not QVC in this case. I don't buy food except locally.

also. When I read part of this thread earlier, someone posted a espouse from an IT rep -  products are good for 3 years after the6 are opened. That could well be true.   Even what we eat is good far beyond its sell by date or a best by date.  Just depends upon what's in it.

Respected Contributor
I eat food until it looks, smells, or tastes bad too. I’m still alive.
Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Mindy D   That link was given to me by the QVC Customer Service rep.  I think you're not allowed to post links to sites that sell.  I might be wrong, though.  

I just spoke with another QVC CS rep who will be emailing me a postage-paid label for me to return the makeup, and I've asked for a more senior CS rep to contact me to ask WHY they sell outdated makeup.  

@BarbiHollywood  good luck with that!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Mindy D   I'm just too grossed out by all of it!!!!!!!!!  It's ALL goin' back!!!  Seriously, though, you shed some light on a very important subject.  You certainly opened my eyes.  Guess you learn something new everyday!  :-)

@BarbiHollywood Mindy D is that chick!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life