Valued Contributor

I hear angels sing when I enter Sephora.

Frequent Contributor

Hi - You might want to check the rules for Sephora VIB points.  I was only $120 away from VIB Rouge status and I thought I could just buy a gift certificate to maintain Rouge status. However, from reading the rules, it looks like gift cards do not count toward your VIB status.  

Respected Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

I hear angels sing when I enter Sephora.

I hear Dave Ramsey chastizing me.

Respected Contributor

There is pros and cons to both of these stores. My Ulta seems to run out of products quickly and takes awhile to restock. I do like their point system since you can rack up some savings. Since I am Platinum member my points don't expire. I really didn't attain to get to that status. It just sort of happened. Lol! Sephora has so much more to offer with their thousands of products that they carry especially on line. I also find that even in the store, Sephora SA are much more knowledgeable than the ones at my Ulta.

Occasional Contributor

I think Ulta has a much better rewards system.  I am a rouge member with Sephora and do enjoy the free shipping.  I wish ulta had free shipping on any amount of order.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Ladies for your help & opinions. May keep shopping SEPHORA but not worry about status thing. ULTA sounds OK, too. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer Sephora but use online mostly since we only gave a very small and disorganized Sephora about 45 minutes away.

Sephora has a lot of brands and new products.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both stores close by and use Sephora much more often.  I just used my 20% off Everything coupon at Ulta today, and it still has "exclusions apply".   No exclusions at Sephora's sales. 

Respected Contributor

Different class of stores.  Sephora is far and away the best in customer service.  Ulta is more of a glorified Target or Walmart. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm VIB Rouge at Sephora and their perks are better than Ulta's.  Way more freebies and samples and free shipping and easy returns with pre-paid return labels.  I have a special place for Ulta in my heart but for me personally Sephora wins out.