Respected Contributor

Re: SEPHORA SALE...LISTS READY?

I’m VIB Rouge which should actually be VIB jet black for all the money I spend LOL. But I have not decided what to get and I can’t decide should I be practical or have a little fun. God help me I’m so undecided. Will probably be practical and get some boring staples on a discount. Namely my Dr. Jart Cicapair repair serum and my Grande Lash and brow serums. Snooze fest. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was VIB for years, until I retired and pretty much cut down on makeup purchases. Since then I've been kicked down to a lowly INSIDER, LOL!

I rarely shop at Sephora; do they even have a sale for the Insider group?

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I was VIB for years, until I retired and pretty much cut down on makeup purchases. Since then I've been kicked down to a lowly INSIDER, LOL!

@lmt   Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought they received 10%.

Frequent Contributor

I am using my gift cards to purchase Lancôme fragrance. But, I have drastically reduced my Sephora shopping. I doubt I will make VIB next year. During the spring, I was one of those whose items were sold out during the sale, but, miraculously came back into stock the day after the sale ended. I really deplore those tactics. Too many wonderful vendors out there that do business more ethically.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I think Insiders usually get 10% during the two regular events, however, they don't get anything this time.  I don't think they typically have a sale this time of year.

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I think Insiders usually get 10% during the two regular events, however, they don't get anything this time.  I don't think they typically have a sale this time of year.

@lkat  That seems so unfair.

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@lkat  That would make sense considering I never received any kind of email about the sale.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@lkat wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@lkat  That seems so unfair.

@Shanus  I guess that's what happens when you're kicked to the (lowly tier) curb, LOL!!

That's OK. I didn't plan on purchasing anything anyway. The only thing I had my eye on was the new Peter Thomas Roth Retinoid Peptide Serum. But I can wait. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Last year at this time, Sephora had their first summer sale and my daughter and I went to Sephora so she could get a Tarte concealer. I was VIB then but the concealer she wanted in her color was sold out. I don't think that beauty insiders were excluded from last year's sale.

I just looked at Stephanie Nicole's youtube channel because she does sponsored videos with Sephora and she did a video a year ago and in her description box of last year Sephora recommendations, beauty insiders got 10% off, VIB got 15% off and Rouge got 20% off. So this year beauty insiders get nothing.

Last year your code could only be used once online but as many times as you wanted in store. This year there's no restriction on how many times Rouge and VIB members can use their code online. I recall there were a lot of complaints last year about the restrictions on how many times you could purchase online during the Sephora summer sale. 

I let my daughter know about the Sephora sale but she's not interested in buying anything from them right now. I am probably not going to buy anything either this time as I have plenty of fragrances that I bought from Sephora in the past that I want to use before buying more. I'm also giving the Nars radiant concealer mini size a try and don't want to purchase another one until I decide if it's worth it or not.

If I buy anything it might be a Sephora smooth shine lip crayon. I have one in the shade 08 Rock Candy. It's a slim line twist up creamy lipstick in an orchid color. I think it's about $16 CDN or so before any discount.