Honored Contributor

Re: SELF TANNER ON LEGS TODAY

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:
I love this product and the nice gentle healthy glow it gives. It is just enough to either things out and take the edge off.
My only problem is I cannot stand the smell.
Whatever chemical is in self-tanners I can smell it a mile away. No one else around me can smell it or does it bother them - but oh.
I keep buying different brands and products hoping that at some point they will solve this problem for people like me.

@Abrowneyegirl   In the upper left corner (barely visible in pic), it says "Award Winning Color/Great Scent". I agree some get a funky smell. That's why when I apply this I mix it w/ another lotion....Cerave or if you want something w/ a fragrance. I don't use Josie's products, but you can apply something like that. 

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:
I love this product and the nice gentle healthy glow it gives. It is just enough to either things out and take the edge off.
My only problem is I cannot stand the smell.
Whatever chemical is in self-tanners I can smell it a mile away. No one else around me can smell it or does it bother them - but oh.
I keep buying different brands and products hoping that at some point they will solve this problem for people like me.

I cannot stand the "Fritos" aroma. I have a friend who uses it and claims there is no scent.  I can always smell her.

I've found one or two brands  I thought to be odorless but when applied, my feet looked dirty.

Honored Contributor

I’ve tried Jergens and many other self tanners over the years. Never really had luck with any of them. I don’t like the smell, color, or streaks. 

I started using wash off bronzers and Sally Hanson leg makeup a several years ago. That made me feel a bit less self conscious about my white legs when I wore knee length skirts, dresses, and shorts. Still, they’re messy. 

So last year I didn't use the bronzers & leg makeup much. I threw them out at the end of the season. 

Right now I am wearing shorts in my house. My legs look good for my age (late 50s), but they are pale. Trying to embrace my natural color. 

Honored Contributor

I have heard for a long time that this Jergans lotion gives color without streaking and blotching and staining your hands.  Very inexpensive and no shipping.  Win! Win! Win!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I probably have used Jergen’s tanning lotion for over ten years, also use the fair/med. Never had a problem with it staining anything.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  - Shawn raves about Westmore Body Coverage.  It's suppose to give your legs an even tone.  I've never used it.

Honored Contributor

I used Jergens Light for several years before I retired.  I always warned my students about sun/tanning bed  damage, and when I came in with the Jergens on they all thought it was real!

Extra applications brought out my green.  St Tropez foam does best on me and the scent is much better.  I also find it more comfortable since it dries in a whisper.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs  - Shawn raves about Westmore Body Coverage.  It's suppose to give your legs an even tone.  I've never used it.

I've seen the Westmore segments at QVC and have been tempted.