Honored Contributor

SELF TANNER ON LEGS TODAY

[ Edited ]

So, it's supposed to be 90 today....either longer length capris, Bermuda's or skort. Just going to DS to bring dinner so DIL gets a break. My legs look like they came out of the chicken case at the grocery store. I use the Jergen's Gradual Tanning Lotion in Fair/Medium. Two applications and I have enough color not to blind anyone. May do arms, as well. It says it has a new "scent"...hopefully not the skunk stink of the usual tanners. 

Anyone use this instead of traditional self-tanning systems?

Respected Contributor

Re: SELF TANNER ON LEGS TODAY

Self tanners are streaky, dont semll good and stain clothing and bed sheets. I am done with them.  At my age no one cares about a healthy glow.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I have used the Jergens self tanner but when it starts to wear off, it seems to wear off oddly....do you have the same experience?   I really need to use something as my legs look pretty rough!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus   I have used the Jergens self tanner but when it starts to wear off, it seems to wear off oddly....do you have the same experience?   I really need to use something as my legs look pretty rough!

@Mom2Dogs   I've used this for years without issue. It doesn't wear off in a weird way, get on clothes or sheets. It's gradual, very little color...beige in the tube. I apply it after my shower, the same as lotion, sometimes adding my usual Cerave mixed with it. I wait about 15 minutes to get dressed. There's never been transfer. Note: I don't wear white underwear, but do wear white blouses and tees, no worries. It comes in fair/medium (me) & medium/dark (normal people).

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Lucky you..... maybe it's my skin!  I have a tube left over from last year so I might get it out and give it another try today.

I always make sure I have shaved and exfoliated before using.

No sun in the forcast in our area until next Wednesday, sigh, but I want to be ready for shorter pant weather.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I only apply it twice a week. I'm not looking for a Coppertone Tan, just a few shades up from white. It's light enough that I really don't need to do arms, but do them anyway once a week. Not obvious compared to face/chest. I use a little bronzer on face this time of year anyway. Good luck if you decide to try again. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Is this Jergens product different from the Jergens Natural Glow I had recommended to you?  You said that one, even the light version, was too dark on you. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I love this product and the nice gentle healthy glow it gives. It is just enough to either things out and take the edge off.
My only problem is I cannot stand the smell.
Whatever chemical is in self-tanners I can smell it a mile away. No one else around me can smell it or does it bother them - but oh.
I keep buying different brands and products hoping that at some point they will solve this problem for people like me.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Yes, that's it. Glad it works for you now. 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden