Honored Contributor

SAYING ON SHAWN'S BEAUTY BOX?

Last night she showed her TILI 7 pc. set, but the saying on the outside about "I am the storm" that she's says is  her "mantra" just doesn't make sense to me. 

Did anyone understand it?

Honored Contributor

Re: SAYING ON SHAWN'S BEAUTY BOX?

[ Edited ]

I've been thinking about that, too.  To start with, is "the storm" a positive thing or a negative thing?  I just shook my head and thought, Well, this is from Shawn. I'm thinking she is saying "I'm going to really shake things up."

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a book titled "I Am The Storm" by Jane Yolen and her daughter.  It's about the power of nature/storms but reminds us that we are powerful too.

Or it could come from the quote “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm. ' The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.” - Jake Remington

Esteemed Contributor

She fancies herself to be a hip disruptor battling the status quo.

Honored Contributor

Just something to get attention. I can't watch her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's akin to, 'I am Woman, Hear Me Roar'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

dont let others pull you down or take you down.....you do what YOU want to do, you be who YOU want to be.....you be your own leader.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't interpret the meaning as negative at all. 

I think it means when you are knocked down repeatedly, when people transgress against you, gossip about you, put roadblocks in your way ---  don't be a wallflower and simply lie down and take it.  You have the power within you to fight all those storms that want to hold you back, and not just survive, but Win!

Honored Contributor

My guess is, if your'e a Shawn fan, it's a positive message.  If you aren't a big Shawn fan, it's a negative message.  I think if some other hosts said that, you'd take it as a positive message. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I don't interpret the meaning as negative at all. 

I think it means when you are knocked down repeatedly, when people transgress against you, gossip about you, put roadblocks in your way ---  don't be a wallflower and simply lie down and take it.  You have the power within you to fight all those storms that want to hold you back, and not just survive, but Win!

@Caaareful Shopper  I agree.  Take Shawn out of the mix and it's a powerful message.  To me it says have confidence in yourself, don't be a follower, stand up for yourself. Do the right thing.