Respected Contributor

S8676 Tarte Energy Noir Palette

Did anyone get this palette from Tarte, beauty with benefits?  I got it without the brush so called CS and was told to return the whole thing including the freebie bonus bag that came with it.

today I got the replacement, no brush again and no freebie bonus with purchase either.

did anyone get this S8676  from Tarte Energy Noir Palette and get the dual ended brush that is suppose to come with it?

thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: S8676 Tarte Energy Noir Palette

I didn't order it, but I checked it out, because it sounds (and looks) like a great palette. I love palettes. The presentation I saw went so quickly and I was so distracted by the presenter's comment about empowering women in these difficult times. I was scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck she was talking about. Was she trying to make a political statement? Very strange.

Anyway, then the palette sold out, so my guess is that is the reason you received (probably) the same one you had already rerturned?

Frequent Contributor

Mine came yesterday, also missing the brush.  I expected CS to tell me that I needed to return the whole thing for exchange, so I called Tarte first to see if they would supply the missing brush.  They would not since the free brush was an offer provided by QVC and not Tarte.  So I called CS and, to my surprise, was told they would ship out a brush.  We'll see what happens.

Regular Contributor

I actually purchased this palette from Ulta when it was a Black Friday special for $22. It did not come with a brush, just the palette. It is really a beautiful palette. The eyeshadows glide on effortlessly along with the blush. I use the darker shades as eyeliner either wet or dry. It is no longer available at Ulta. I believe it was just a promotional palette brought out for the holidays. 

Super Contributor

I also ordered it and never got a brush.  I won't send it back becuse it was beauty for benefits but i wanted the brush.

New Contributor

I also purchased this palette and did not receive the brush. Called the day I received the package and was told they would issue a request to send the brush or credit the about of the brush.  Today I called to check the status of the request and was told there was no record of the request or my call.  They also said the palette was not offered with the brush.   I know I'm not mistaken.  Before I ordered I double checked and read the entire description and checked Tarte's site to see if the $38 price was a good deal.  It was because Tarte was selling the palette for $27 and the brush for $28.  The picture and description are now changed with the brush removed.  This is bad!

Respected Contributor

It's dishonest. People have screen-shotted it and it had a brush!

Occasional Contributor

yes, I ordered.  There is no brush that comes with it.  It is just the eye shadow.  

Respected Contributor

@julieannkat wrote:

yes, I ordered.  There is no brush that comes with it.  It is just the eye shadow.  

I copied this from QVC when I first ordered mine:

Tarte Energy Noir Palette

From tarte.

Includes:
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Full Moon, a matte beige shade
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Charged Up, a silvery taupe shade
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Dark Drive, a matte dark chocolate shade
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Stone Unturned, a matte taupe shade
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Up Too Slate, a smoky plum shade
  • 0.035-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Misty Mauve, a matte mauve shade
  • 0.045-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Power Plum, a matte dark plum shade
  • 0.045-oz Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow in Lunar Eclipse, a matte black shade
  • 0.045-oz Amazonian Clay Highlighter in Crystal Sparkle, a champagne shade
  • 0.191-oz Amazonian Clay Blush in Unearthed, a pinky nude shade
  • Double-ended brush
  • Brush imported
 I called CS and was told I had to return everything, free gift with purchase so I did but when I got the replacement(got 2 replacements so far) and no more free gift with purchase in either replacement.

I just got an e mail from QVC saying my 3 partial replacement is on it's way so I know what that means, palette only again without the brush and without my free gift with purchase.

I have called and written QVC but still get the same thing, palette, no brush and didn't get my free gift with purchase back either?
Valued Contributor

You are correct. It definitely had a brush, even when you had originally posted this. The presentation and graphics have now conveniently omitted the brush.

The graphic explains that this was a benefit for women with cancer, (which I must have missed, the first time I looked.) At least now, the guest's comments make more sense.

It's very very dishonest for QVC to act like this did not include a brush when in fact, it did.

I see they have also now added that the free gift is valid only with purchase on 5/1, with credit card, while supplies last.  Live and learn. Too bad you didn't keep the gift when you sent the palette back. You were being more honest than the Q. Shame on them.