Super Contributor

Re: Rumor or Truth...Tarte Cosmetics sold

Go look at Tarte's Facebook it's on fire with angry customers.

Honored Contributor

The irony of this is we, the QVC customers, have made this brand what it is today. Yes, I know its available elsewhere, but QVC nurtured this line like a baby. Just like they did BE and Philosophy. Sigh.

Super Contributor

I am military retired 3 wars,for the life of me I cannot understand why our military are fighting and dying for AMERICA ,when American companies keep selling to foreign compaines norhing wrong with making money,but for petes sake make and keep it in your own country.
Super Contributor

If you do not have Facebook, PLEASE make your voices heard by emailing Tarte on their website.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 silveer said:

Tarte's post on Facebook:

To all of our tartelettes: As you may have heard, tarte has recently been acquired by Japanese company KOSÉ. It’s truly been an amazing ride, from the little venture Maureen Kelly started in her bedroom 15 years ago to the global powerhouse we’re privileged to join. Our vision has always been to create beauty products that are ‘healthy treats for your skin,’ foster the highest level of customer service and give back to the community and the environment. By joining the KOSÉ family and adding to that rich portfolio, we can build on what we’ve already accomplished with powerful products and explore expanding the tarte brand in new and exciting countries. And rest assured, we are committed to remaining a cruelty-free brand and will not test on animals. Maureen will stay on as the CEO and looks forward to continuing a lasting relationship with our tartelettes.

xo, the tarte team!

Yes but their parent company tests so purchasing from her line now will line the pockets of (i.e. support) a company that tests on animals so Tarte line is a no go anymore for me. Too bad. Very disappointed but most do end up selling out for big bucks.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 depglass said:

The irony of this is we, the QVC customers, have made this brand what it is today. Yes, I know its available elsewhere, but QVC nurtured this line like a baby. Just like they did BE and Philosophy. Sigh.

Ojon also. What ever happened to them?

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, Ojon also. He sold to Estee Lauder, who proceeded to ruin the line.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure Maureen would have preferred to sell to an American company but if none were interested, you can't really fault her for selling elsewhere when such an offer was made. And selling to an American company is no guarantee that the products and/or quality won't change.

I'm happy for her ................ she put in her heart and soul for years and probably had some very lean, struggling years before turning any kind of a profit. This gives Maureen and her kids security for life. I can't begrudge her that and I feel she's earned this.

Kose has said they are working towards no more animal testing and maybe they will succeed. They have to be cogniscent of the fact that Tarte users are those who prefer natural based products and obviously animal testing wouldn't fall into that philosophy. We can only be hopeful they will live up to their intentions.

Super Contributor

To all of our tartelettes: As you may have heard, tarte has recently been acquired by Japanese company KOSÉ. It’s truly been an amazing ride, from the little venture Maureen Kelly started in her bedroom 15 years ago to the global powerhouse we’re privileged to join. Our vision has always been to create beauty products that are ‘healthy treats for your skin,’ foster the highest level of customer service and give back to the community and the environment. By joining the KOSÉ family and adding to that rich portfolio, we can build on what we’ve already accomplished with powerful products and explore expanding the tarte brand in new and exciting countries. And rest assured, we are committed to remaining a cruelty-free brand and will not test on animals. Maureen will stay on as the CEO and looks forward to continuing a lasting relationship with our tartelettes.

xo, the tarte team!

I don't know why Maureen chose this company to sell to. We can all only speculate on her reasons. I have never tried her brand and while I appreciate that she may believe tarte will remain cruelty free, it is truly out of her hands once the changeover happens. I will not buy from brands that do test and I am not aware of any companies that are able to remain cruelty free when there parent company does test.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 myshell624 said:

To all of our tartelettes: As you may have heard, tarte has recently been acquired by Japanese company KOSÉ. It’s truly been an amazing ride, from the little venture Maureen Kelly started in her bedroom 15 years ago to the global powerhouse we’re privileged to join. Our vision has always been to create beauty products that are ‘healthy treats for your skin,’ foster the highest level of customer service and give back to the community and the environment. By joining the KOSÉ family and adding to that rich portfolio, we can build on what we’ve already accomplished with powerful products and explore expanding the tarte brand in new and exciting countries. And rest assured, we are committed to remaining a cruelty-free brand and will not test on animals. Maureen will stay on as the CEO and looks forward to continuing a lasting relationship with our tartelettes.<br /> <br /> xo, the tarte team!

I don't know why Maureen chose this company to sell to. We can all only speculate on her reasons. I have never tried her brand and while I appreciate that she may believe tarte will remain cruelty free, it is truly out of her hands once the changeover happens. I will not buy from brands that do test and I am not aware of any companies that are able to remain cruelty free when there parent company does test.

I believe that Urban Decay would fall into that category. They do not test, but their parent company does. I know that for many, if the parent company tests, they will not buy from the individual company. I'm not wading into that other than to state what I stated regarding UD. And there may be others in that same situation as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland