Respected Contributor

Re: Rumor or Truth...Tarte Cosmetics sold

Geez, first Tova, then philosophy now Tarte. Another one bites the dust. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

The latest:

Hey tartelettes - It’s Maureen

I’ve been reading your comments and concerns over the past hour and wanted to let you know I hear them all loud and clear. I promise, I’m not going anywhere. I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment and I’m still just as passionate about making innovative, eco-friendly products that deliver real results. I’ll still be in the office every day working with my team to develop new products I hope you’ll love as much as I do. Remember, tarte will NOT be testing on animals, or EVER test on animals. We are a cruelty-free company and will remain one. KOSÉ is completely on board with our position as an eco-friendly, cruelty-free company and has given tarte such a great opportunity to grow and expand around the world. It’s really an exciting time and we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide. Please look at the checklist below and be assured tarte is in great hands.

xo, Maureen

· We will remain a cruelty-free beauty brand focused on high-performance naturals™
· We will continue to manufacture our high-quality products to our exacting standards, which means our formulas will continue to be formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten
· We will continue to formulate with good-for-you ingredients like Amazonian clay, maracuja, minerals, colored clay, superfruits and vitamins
· With my team, we will continue to innovate and create products we believe tartelettes will love
· We will continue to expand internationally where are our high standards are met—we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide!

Contributor

On 3/18/2014 geish said:

The latest:

Hey tartelettes - It’s Maureen

I’ve been reading your comments and concerns over the past hour and wanted to let you know I hear them all loud and clear. I promise, I’m not going anywhere. I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment and I’m still just as passionate about making innovative, eco-friendly products that deliver real results. I’ll still be in the office every day working with my team to develop new products I hope you’ll love as much as I do. Remember, tarte will NOT be testing on animals, or EVER test on animals. We are a cruelty-free company and will remain one. KOSÉ is completely on board with our position as an eco-friendly, cruelty-free company and has given tarte such a great opportunity to grow and expand around the world. It’s really an exciting time and we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide. Please look at the checklist below and be assured tarte is in great hands.

xo, Maureen

· We will remain a cruelty-free beauty brand focused on high-performance naturals™
· We will continue to manufacture our high-quality products to our exacting standards, which means our formulas will continue to be formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten
· We will continue to formulate with good-for-you ingredients like Amazonian clay, maracuja, minerals, colored clay, superfruits and vitamins
· With my team, we will continue to innovate and create products we believe tartelettes will love
· We will continue to expand internationally where are our high standards are met—we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide!

I've posted a comment on Facebook and emailed Tarte; therefore, I feel comfortable commenting here. Maureen didn't address the concerns from her hundreds of customers on Facebook commenting negatively towards this announcement. Tarte might keep their "values" but when the animal-testing owner (parent) company receives proceeds from Tartes profits, it is supporting them. Tarte is indirectly supporting animal-testing. I understand Maureen had her reasons to do what she did; now it's time to reap the consequences.

New Contributor

I think we've already begun to see the change.

The new lip pencils are half the product yet still being sold at full price, meaning we're now paying double. In addition, I see that Talc has quietly been added back into Tarte products. So much for them being good for you. Sad, I really liked Tarte and like to refer customers to them. Thank goodness for IT, hope they don't sell out too.

Super Contributor

If you go to Tarte's FB page it explains all. Tarte has been sold for 135 million dollars. Maureen will still be the CEO of the company, Their standards that they have always maintained, (not testing on animals) and product quality will still be the same. The reason for the sale was that it opens it up to bringing her products into other countries.

Occasional Contributor

Sounds like it's more than just animal testing. Everyone knows that talc is not healthy for us. Sounds like they are using unsafe products....I would be glad they are testing beings they are in Japan. Never know what they could put into the items they sell in the US that would not be safe. I would rather know by testing on an animal that a product is unsafe, than to test it on humans with bad results.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 Chloey said:

Sounds like it's more than just animal testing. Everyone knows that talc is not healthy for us. Sounds like they are using unsafe products....I would be glad they are testing beings they are in Japan. Never know what they could put into the items they sell in the US that would not be safe. I would rather know by testing on an animal that a product is unsafe, than to test it on humans with bad results.

No, everyone doe NOT know that talc is not healthy for us. Cancer.org says it's perfectly safe in cosmetics.

Not quite understanding the rest of your post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Really sad about this sale, I cannot support a parent company that does animal testing.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 chief0401 said:
On 3/18/2014 geish said:

The latest:

Hey tartelettes - It’s Maureen<br /> <br /> I’ve been reading your comments and concerns over the past hour and wanted to let you know I hear them all loud and clear. I promise, I’m not going anywhere. I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment and I’m still just as passionate about making innovative, eco-friendly products that deliver real results. I’ll still be in the office every day working with my team to develop new products I hope you’ll love as much as I do. Remember, tarte will NOT be testing on animals, or EVER test on animals. We are a cruelty-free company and will remain one. KOSÉ is completely on board with our position as an eco-friendly, cruelty-free company and has given tarte such a great opportunity to grow and expand around the world. It’s really an exciting time and we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide. Please look at the checklist below and be assured tarte is in great hands.<br /> <br /> xo, Maureen<br /> <br /> · We will remain a cruelty-free beauty brand focused on high-performance naturals™<br /> · We will continue to manufacture our high-quality products to our exacting standards, which means our formulas will continue to be formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten<br /> · We will continue to formulate with good-for-you ingredients like Amazonian clay, maracuja, minerals, colored clay, superfruits and vitamins<br /> · With my team, we will continue to innovate and create products we believe tartelettes will love<br /> · We will continue to expand internationally where are our high standards are met—we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide!

I've posted a comment on Facebook and emailed Tarte; therefore, I feel comfortable commenting here. Maureen didn't address the concerns from her hundreds of customers on Facebook commenting negatively towards this announcement. Tarte might keep their "values" but when the animal-testing owner (parent) company receives proceeds from Tartes profits, it is supporting them. Tarte is indirectly supporting animal-testing. I understand Maureen had her reasons to do what she did; now it's time to reap the consequences.

Bingo. So I appreciate Maureen saying what she did but you are right, she is indirectly supporting animal-testing by selling to a company that does. I don't think anyone "blames" her for selling her company for big $$ but it sure would be nice and refreshing to see companies sell to parent companies that hold their same morals and beliefs on the big issues. But perhaps animal testing is not a big issue with her, I should not assume it was.

Honored Contributor

And to think, I was going to try their concealer as a lower cost alternative to Edward Bess's, which is the best I've ever used.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...