Honored Contributor

Rubiglo - Does anyone remember/have this product?

Rubiglo from HSN?  For all I know it may still be on HSN but I haven't watched that network in years.   Long before I'd ever heard of Bare Minerals, I had ordered Rubiglo in the little urns from HSN and liked it.  

When I just got an email from Sephora about Tarte clay products, I decided to Google Rubiglo and sure enough, it's still around, in the little urns! The Rubiglo company still exists.

Did anyone else have/use this?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Rubiglo - Does anyone remember/have this product?

I remember the little urns - think it was a drugstore product years and years ago - looked like red clay.  I think it was the first powder bronzer ever.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. I use to use this stuff back in my 20's.... it was really dramatic and metallic.  You can still purchase the line.  Just Google Rubiglo

I still buy THE ESSENCE OF TIME body cream in the big tubs from them. I have been using it for over 25 years.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site.

Honored Contributor

I used it, years and years ago.  I didn't buy it from HSN.  The Dollar Store near me sold a similar product up until a year or so ago.  

Trusted Contributor

I still have an urn of Desert Rose.  I just forget to use it!

Honored Contributor

I still have one.

Respected Contributor

The urn I had in the mid 70's was called Indian Earth, loved that stuff. I believe it is still available to purchase.

Frequent Contributor

Wow.  I remember this product.  I loved it.

On that note, does anyone remember Michael Maron?  He used to demo an all-in-one powder bronzer product that could be used on many skin tones.  I don't remember the exact name of the product, but, it could be used on eyes, cheeks, as contour and shading and all over cover.  This is before the Bare Minerals took flight.  I remember the model, Joy, used to demo a 1 minute makeover using the product. 

Honored Contributor

Brings back memories, for sure.  I was a teen in the 70's and used it.  I think it eventually got made into a pressed version.