Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rough looking hands: advice or ideas on how to fix

Too funny, I didn't notice this until after I posted on another thread. I am an esthetician and my hands are washed constantly and they were dry along with my cuticles being really raggedy. I started using CeraVe Healing Ointment. It is loaded with ingredients to protect and repair. Very emollient but also has repairing ingredients in there that do really work. It is very inexpensive and I get the tube not the jar. My hands look great after about 1 week of use. I use at night with gloves. My nails and cuticles were a wreck but I could seriously swatch nail polishes now as a nail blogger they look so good.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

@Mj57    Skinn cosmetics are sold on Evine.com, they also have a website, and some items are sold on Amazon and ebay.  Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

Skinn Cosmetics has its own website, and Skinn Cosmetics is sold at Evine Live. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi there hon,

so sorry for your pain. i have given"udderly smooth" cream(white/red/black tube) and do a  internet search and get a small tube. i sent it to a nurse friend and she said it was the best lotion she ever tried and then to the lady who takes my blood at the dr's(she had such bad scaley hand w/cracks-looks  ssssssssssssssssssoooooooo painful+she was using cream from her dr). she went out and got some   and the next time i saw her she thanked me as her hands were improving!pls try. hth. much love

HeartSmiley Happy 

Super Contributor

The nail salon I went to at one time the woman would open up a vitamin E pill

and mix with a small package of sugar ( like a teaspoon or so) and massage my hands... Very cheap and inexpensive and  my hands were baby soft... Guess you could do the same thing with vegetable oil and sugar... Such a treat...  Don't need to spend a lot of money when you have everything at home..

Regular Contributor

You're on the right track thinking exfoliation! When my hands get like that, its what works.

I think many physical exfoliants are either 1) not very effective, 2) damage healthy skin with micro cuts, tugging and tears, and 3) clog drains with seeds and non dissolvable bits, or pollute water with microplastics.

I recommend two chemical exfoliants:

1) Amlactin lotion at 12%. Use it all over the body (and very little at a time or it gets too sticky! If it feels sticky, use half the amount!) for beautiful moisturized skin with dead skin removed. I tend to use this for several days in a row, or longer, (and put on feet too! Especially heels! Elbows! Those dry forearms!) and then use it just once or twice a week for maintenance. Other days I use a shea butter based body cream that has only natural oils, or add natural oils, usually all from Shea Terra Organics to maintain.

2) Alpha Hydrox products (Now called "ALPHA" in places like Ulta.) I like using the new 14% serum which I put on the back of the hands, leave on 15 minutes, then wipe off with a mild exfoliating cloth like a washcloth. I do this on face and hands regularly, 3 times a week, and find that is the right balance for me. Other days I use the Shea Terra products, or hand creams, or just my new favorite: Tsubaki oil (Camellia Seed oil from Japan,) to help my nails grow and it makes my hands silky soft.

Both of these products are chemically pH correct for exfoliation and excellent formulations. They are inexpensive too. I love them both. You do not need to spend more!!