Respected Contributor
I need recommendations for a rotating curling iron. I knows there's a Conair TSV in a couple of days but because it wraps your hair inside a chamber, you can only curl a tiny bit of hair at a time with it. It will take forever to do my hair with that because I have lots of hair. Is the Sarah Potempa worth the price tag? Also, I want looser curls/waves, so a 1.25" barrel might be better than a 1". Your thoughts?
Respected Contributor

You can't go wrong with a Babyliss. It's a great brand and the rotating iron works great. I've been through all kinds of these (I also have thick hair but fine texture.) It doesn't break the bank, either.

There is a non-brush type rotating iron. That curls. If you want the blow-out type, with a brush, they also have one.

Respected Contributor
Thanks @Campion. I'll check out babyliss, probably on Amazon. Sounds like we have similar hair....fine texture but lots of it!
Respected Contributor

I have thick long hair and this is by far the BEST curler I have ever used! The Kiss Instawave....Amazon carries it. Fast and the curl stays in till you wash it out.

Kiss Products Instawave Automatic Hair Curler

Respected Contributor

Infiniti-Pro-Conair-Secret-Wave

This one is similar but much easier to use and doesn't require your hair to be sucked into something.  

Infiniti Pro by Conair Secret Wave

You section it, put the section between the two heating plates and then begin to pull it down the hair while pressing the rotating button.  The faster you go, the looser the wave, the slower, the tighter, the same with section size, bigger sections/looser waves, smaller sections/tigher waves. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rotating hair curler

[ Edited ]

I love the Beachwaver, I have the original. It's easy to use and gives good beachy waves. I have fine hair texture, but thick in volume.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004