Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is what I purchased for 10.00:

image.png

Honored Contributor

Do you keep them in the fridge,any face oils? Now i am thinking what i have might not be good. i don't keep my cooking oils in the fridge either.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Do you keep them in the fridge,any face oils? Now i am thinking what i have might not be good. i don't keep my cooking oils in the fridge either.

Yes, I store all of my face oils in the fridge. As a general rule refrigeration doesn't hurt most skincare products, including face oils. But prolonged heat and light will harm them. After taking them out of the fridge let them come to room temp before using them and give them a shake before you do. Some oils will solidify when cold but that's not a problem after they come to room temp. Cooking oils are different. Those don't need refrigeration. 

Frequent Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I've been using Derma-E products.  I order from Vitacost.  Quite reasonably priced.

I have an illuminating Rosehip & Cranberry facial oil.  1 fl. ounce bottle w/dropper.  Forget what I paid, maybe $8. or so?  I like it very much.  Just 2-3 drops for the face.  Slight rose fragrance, absorbs well, skin feels soft, not shiny.  Bottle lasts a long time.

I'm liking all the Derma-E products I've used.  Am also using their Vitamin C Moisturizer, their Overnight Peel, and a Microdermabrasion facial scrub that reminds me a lot of the Dr. Brandt brand but its way less $$$.

Read the ingredients of this.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

There is a difference between rose hip essential oil and rose hip seed oil. The Piping Rock is the essential oil. This is the oil that is used primarily for fragrance. If used as a skin oil, then it needs to be diluted with a carrier oil.

In any event...I do not find it necessary to refrigerate any of my oils, be they carrier or essential. Just keep in a cool, dark place.

While I prefer Garden of Wisdom, I've been picking up my rose hip at Wegman's (brand is Aura Cacia), since it is more handy to get it from there. As long as it is organic and cold-pressed.

Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

This is what I purchased for 10.00:

image.png

@San Antonio Gal  I like this line and I can even tolerate using the Mandelic Acid every other night for tx.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@goldensrbest 

There is a difference between rose hip essential oil and rose hip seed oil. The Piping Rock is the essential oil. This is the oil that is used primarily for fragrance. If used as a skin oil, then it needs to be diluted with a carrier oil.

In any event...I do not find it necessary to refrigerate any of my oils, be they carrier or essential. Just keep in a cool, dark place.

While I prefer Garden of Wisdom, I've been picking up my rose hip at Wegman's (brand is Aura Cacia), since it is more handy to get it from there. As long as it is organic and cold-pressed.

@Harpa 

The Piping Rock rosehip oil is not an essential oil. It's 100% rosehip oil and it does not contain anything else. EOs contains distillates or extraction chemicals, which are unusually not used on the skin in their pure form and should be diluted, as you mentioned, with carrier oils. When I read that PR label info, it mentioned not to use essential oils directly on the skin but to dilute them first. But I think that statement is their generic wording for all of their oils, regardless of whether they are EO or not....I know, it's confusing and, imo, not good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rose hip oil

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

From the website, it looks like it is an EO, and they have it listed as such. But, there is an easy way to tell them apart...if you can distinctly smell roses when you lift the cap, then it is EO. Any brand of rose hip seed oil that I have gotten, GoW, AC or other, has no rose smell, just a distinctive color.

@goldensrbest 

When you get your oil from PR, can you please let us know which it is?

Esteemed Contributor

I've always kept all of my face products, creams, lotions and oils in my bathroom, and I have never had any of them go bad.

Next thing you know, women will be installing mini fridges in the bathroom! *lol*

Sure, guys would love that. Keep the beer in there!*lol*

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@goldensrbest 

@Harpa 

The Piping Rock rosehip oil is not an essential oil. It's 100% rosehip oil and it does not contain anything else. EOs contains distillates or extraction chemicals, which are unusually not used on the skin in their pure form and should be diluted, as you mentioned, with carrier oils. When I read that PR label info, it mentioned not to use essential oils directly on the skin but to dilute them first. But I think that statement is their generic wording for all of their oils, regardless of whether they are EO or not....I know, it's confusing and, imo, not good.

Yes, i got my bottle out to take a closer look,thought i had made a mistake.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.