Esteemed Contributor

According to Aubrey Hampton, rosewater is a hydrosol or floral water and is a natural hydrator and an anti-irritant. It is meant to be a soothing agent for dry, sensitive skin.

You would need to pay attention to what other things might be listed in the ingredient deck.

There are different purposes for toners. Some say to bring the pH level back to its proper acidity. You really do not want anything too alkaline on your skin.

Some want the extra hydration (which is why I like them.) And then I use something else for proper pH.

I agree, your post was hard to read, so I am not sure why you might be interested in rosewater, other than it was suggested to you, counter-acting your medications that may be affecting your skin.

If you do try one, make sure it is a pure hydrosol. Garden of Wisdom offers pure hydrosols.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I totally agree with Thayer's  rose water toner.  No alcohol and feels great on the skin.  I use occasionally but always have on hand. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Quinny  Do you actually think someone can read the font you used?  I just passed it up and read other replies.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Rose Water as a Toner?

[ Edited ]

I have been making some changes in my skincare products.  It appears that as I have matured, I have been having reactions to many of my longtime favorites.  I have also had to begin a medication regimen which my dermatologist claims could be a reason why I have started reacting to them.  She suggested some all natural/organic products I have (so far) had good results.  She suggested I use rose water as a toner.  I thought about it later and it seems to me that the nature of rose water might be irritating.

Do any of you use or have you used rose water on your skin, for any reason?  I'd be interested to hear what brand you used and the results.

Many thanks to my beautiful consultants here on the "Banter".  My best advice has always come from you!

@Quinny

I had to change your font so I could read your post.

ITA with a few others that posted Thayer's Rose Toner.

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract

Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – THAYERS® Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin. THAYERS® are the only Witch Hazel products made of non-distilled extract from the Witch Hazel shrub maintaining the highest levels of therapeutic tannins.

These natural elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations. Once you use them, you’ll know why.

Respected Contributor

@clarika wrote:

your chosen font is difficult to read.

I didn't even try.  It's WAY too hard on the eyes, gives me a headache!

Honored Contributor

@clarika- agree on your comment on the font of the original post.  I can't read it either....

Trusted Contributor

@clarika forgive me, you don't have to read my post if it is too difficult for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Harpa what was difficult to read...my wording of the question or the font?  As I mentioned to a previous poster who complained If my post is too hard for you to read, skip it.

Trusted Contributor

MY GOODNESS!  I INADVERTENTLY USED A FONT THAT APPARENTLY WAS DIFFICULT FOR MANY OF YOU TO READ.  I UNDERSTAND, I MADE A MISTAKE.  TO ALL OF YOU WHO COMPLAINED, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO READ MY POST...IF IT WAS TOO DIFFICULT TO READ - SKIP IT!

TO ALL OF YOU WHO RESPONDED DESPITE MY UNPARDONABLE FAUX-PAS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!  I APPRECIATE  YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal your response was rather silly and unnecessary