Trusted Contributor

I have been making some changes in my skincare products.  It appears that as I have matured, I have been having reactions to many of my longtime favorites.  I have also had to begin a medication regimen which my dermatologist claims could be a reason why I have started reacting to them.  She suggested some all natural/organic products I have (so far) had good results.  She suggested I use rose water as a toner.  I thought about it later and it seems to me that the nature of rose water might be irritating.

Do any of you use or have you used rose water on your skin, for any reason?  I'd be interested to hear what brand you used and the results.

Many thanks to my beautiful consultants here on the "Banter".  My best advice has always come from you!

Trusted Contributor

Forgive me, I'm not certain if my original post appeared.

Respected Contributor

There is a lot of controversy lately as to whether or not a "toner" is necessary at all. In addition, anything with fragrance (natural or otherwise) could be problematic because you can develop a sensitivity to it at any time, resulting in allergic dermatitis.

Respected Contributor

Witch Hazel is the best toner!!

Regular Contributor

your chosen font is difficult to read.

Respected Contributor

I use a few different organic rose water toners and they do not irritate my skin. Since I use wipe off cleansers most of the time, I feel toners remove any left on residue.

These are the brands I have now: Gulsha Ultimate Rosewater, Teak Naturals Rose Water, and Teddie Organics Organic Rose Water.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rose Water as a Toner?

[ Edited ]

I use a rosewater product made by the Heritage Store. It contains the pure rose petal distillate concentrate with added water. There is nothing irritating about. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Products that are advertised as 'rosewater' many times contain other ingredients like alcohols, synthetic fragrances and glycols which might cause sensitivity issues. I've never had any problems with the Heritage brand. I make a moisturizing mist with it and I add green tea extract, another anti-inflammatory substance.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I use rose water to remove anything left over after cleaning; to remove anything left over after a mask; to hydrate my skin; to press into my skin before applying an oil; to refresh my skin during the day. It any of those refer to it being as a "toner", then my answer is yes.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny  Thayer's rose witch hazel alcohol freeHeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a rosewater product made by the Heritage Store. It contains the pure rose petal distillate concentrate with added water. There is nothing irritating about. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Products that are advertised as 'rosewater' many times contain other ingredients like alcohols, synthetic fragrances and glycols which might cause sensitivity issues. I've never had any problems with the Heritage brand. I make a moisturizing mist with it and I add green tea extract, another anti-inflammatory substance.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee- I'm not sure that you are accurate on the Heritage Store Rosewater being a true distilate.  From what I've read, it's water with rose oil mixed in.  

I've decided to give rose water a try (remember it being a staple in my moms limited routine) so I recently ordered the Alteya Organics Bulgarian Rose Water.  It's 100% pure, natural, and a true distilation of the rose petals with nothing else added. 

• Steam-distilled from fresh rose petals (from Rosa Damascena Bulgaria)
  • Anti-inflammatory, acne-preventing, and balancing.
  • Therapeutic, Cleansing, and Detoxifying. Skin Care-Grade.
  • Pure Rose Flower Water. NOT a fragrance, NOT a mixture of rose oil and water.
  • Suitable for sensitive and irritated skin. Rejuvenating, stimulating, and harmonizing. 100% VEGAN.

Daily Care: 

• After cleansing 
  • After shower 
  • When sunburned 
  • To set makeup 
  • After shaving / waxing 
  • During travel Suitable for all skin types. 

Benefits: 

• Restoring, toning and moisturizing 
  • Anti-aging and rejuvenating 
  • Uplifts emotional levels 
  • Balances skin Ph level 
  • Anti-inflammatory, acne-preventing 
  • Protects and purifies skin