Honored Contributor

Rose Hip Seed Oil for Eyelash Growth

I am all about eyelash length.  When I was in high school they would touch my eyebrows (with mascara).  After I had my baby, that was the end of that but they were still plenty long.  A couple of years ago (I'm 60 now) I tried the eyelash serums and had tremendous growth with it.  Stopped and tried again a few months later and it was a disaster.  They broke, were shorter and sparse Smiley Surprised  A couple of months ago I started using my rose hip seed oil to remove my makeup.  No reason other than I was already using it on my face and figured it was better than baby oil.  I never expected it to lengthen and thicken my lashes but it has Smiley Happy  They are, at minimum, 2x as long they were before the RHS oil.  So I Googled it and sure enough, Google said that yes, RHS oil promotes eyelash growth.  Just thought I'd pass it along Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Rose Hip Seed Oil for Eyelash Growth

@monicakm   Thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I am all about eyelash length.  When I was in high school they would touch my eyebrows (with mascara).  After I had my baby, that was the end of that but they were still plenty long.  A couple of years ago (I'm 60 now) I tried the eyelash serums and had tremendous growth with it.  Stopped and tried again a few months later and it was a disaster.  They broke, were shorter and sparse Smiley Surprised  A couple of months ago I started using my rose hip seed oil to remove my makeup.  No reason other than I was already using it on my face and figured it was better than baby oil.  I never expected it to lengthen and thicken my lashes but it has Smiley Happy  They are, at minimum, 2x as long they were before the RHS oil.  So I Googled it and sure enough, Google said that yes, RHS oil promotes eyelash growth.  Just thought I'd pass it along Smiley Happy

Been trying castor oil...but it was irritating...thanks for the tip!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I had some so I will try it.   Just rub it in the eyelashes?

Respected Contributor

I wonder if this would help with eyebrow growth also? I know Castor oil is often mentioned for eyelash and eyebrow growth. Thanks for the post.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC Adding retail links are against standards.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm

Where do you buy the RH oil?  My eyes are sensitive to many things, so I'm curious if you've had any irritation.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Olive oil also works great for eyelash growth. Without any side effects, the oil provides nourishment to skin and tissues.

Respected Contributor

I would like to know the brand and the exact technique, please. Do you rinse afterwards?  Any eye irritation?  Do you apply it direclty with fingers or use a cotton pad?  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I used organic, first cold pressed rosehip seed oil for at least two years and have never seen any difference in my eyelashes.  Some advice......It has a shorter shelf life than most oils (no longer than 6 months even if refrigerated) and will go rancid, so don't waste money on a big bottle.