Valued Contributor

Re: Rose Hip Oil & Order of Applying Facial Products

I also have been told to use oils last, warmed up a bit in the hands and then pressed into the skin. I’ve also been told to use tretinoin (retin a) first and then follow with moisturizer, and switch the order if irritation was an issue.

I found a rose hip/argan oil combo at target, I’m really liking it. Also found a chia seed milk serum at TJM and that combo has worked wonders as my moisturizer step. FWIW, at night I use curology (contains tretinoin, niacinamide and azelaic acid), then replenix power of three cream/serum, then chia milk (if my skin needs extra help) and then press the rosehip/argan oil.
Honored Contributor

KatCat, my mother has washed her face with powdered milk for as long as I can remember.  She has baby-soft skin.  Does Argan Milk have actual milk in it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 I agree!   Love my Josie Maran and quite often get asked what I use on my skin.   Though I have my late Mom to thank as she had beautiful skin and I am lucky to have inherited that........I do believe, however, less is more!

Super Contributor

Oh, I love Little Poet.  That voice calms me.  LOL. I ran out and got Rosehip oil after that video, too!

Valued Contributor

Hearing everyone's reply and mention of a good youtuber, I went to Little Poet's youtube.  She literally just answered your question in a reply.  This was the reply to a question under her recent video.  Hope this is helpful to you.

Quote from her youtube video (in reply to a question/comment):   ... always use Rosehip first....!!! After that it's always thinnest first....cream last. I am so thrilled you use Rosehip oil....I am almost 63 and I was in a public restaurant and was stopped by young women who told me how beautiful my skin was....really? At 63? This is why I love Rosehip oil so much......!!!! xxoo Love to you! Give me updates!!!

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Hearing everyone's reply and mention of a good youtuber, I went to Little Poet's youtube.  She literally just answered your question in a reply.  This was the reply to a question under her recent video.  Hope this is helpful to you.

Quote from her youtube video (in reply to a question/comment):   ... always use Rosehip first....!!! After that it's always thinnest first....cream last. I am so thrilled you use Rosehip oil....I am almost 63 and I was in a public restaurant and was stopped by young women who told me how beautiful my skin was....really? At 63? This is why I love Rosehip oil so much......!!!! xxoo Love to you! Give me updates!!!

I'm using a Lumene facial oil and moisture cream and their "night ritual" is to apply the oil first and then the cream.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~