Valued Contributor

Re: Rosacea in the Royal Family

I have mild rosacea, from my dad’s side of the family, they’re all of British or Scottish descent - and thanks to ancestry DNA I found out I have some Scandinavian heritage too. Mine is kept in pretty good control with finacea (which also works great on evening out the skin tone) and noble zinc soap. I use the zinc soap in the morning, and let it stay on my face for a few minutes while I shower.
Valued Contributor

@sunala @Silleemee

IPL worked wonders for me.  Don't know what's going on in your life @sunala, but rosacea and the dark red spots are very concerning to the person who has them.  Its like having acne across your cheeks that never goes away.  Can be very embarrassing and makes the person very self-conscious.

Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

@sunala@SilleeMee

IPL worked wonders for me.  Don't know what's going on in your life @sunala, but rosacea and the dark red spots are very concerning to the person who has them.  Its like having acne across your cheeks that never goes away.  Can be very embarrassing and makes the person very self-conscious.

Hi @PatriciaG - thanks for your concern! I no longer have the redness that I did when I was younger, but when I come in from the cold I can see a ruddiness, which I'd think is natural.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett