Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that both of the princes, Harry and William, have had a form of rosacea since they were born. I believe Diana had rosacea as well. I don't see that Prince Charles has it, but I think Prince George may have it as well.

I have always had a mild case of it along my jawbone. My mother used to call it my "health." I hated it and always tried covering it up.

Is rosacea inherited? Is there anything you can do for it? 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rosacea in the Royal Family

I believe that Prince Charles has rosacea as well. He also has a scar on his left cheek that I think is photoshopped out of most photos too. I don't think Princess Diana had rosacea as I saw her and Prince Charles in person when they did a walkabout in Burnaby's Central Park before they dedicated a Variety Club children's park back in 1986 when they were on a royal tour to Vancouver, B.C. for the Expo '86 world's fair. Princess Diana had a perfect complexion, a real English Rose peaches and cream one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rosacea and psoriasis are both inherited.  Dermatologists can treat it and there are also medical pathways you can follow.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I've noticed that both of the princes, Harry and William, have had a form of rosacea since they were born. I believe Diana had rosacea as well. I don't see that Prince Charles has it, but I think Prince George may have it as well.

I have always had a mild case of it along my jawbone. My mother used to call it my "health." I hated it and always tried covering it up.

Yes, use very gentle cleansers...hypoallergenic or organic. Anything for very sensitive skin! The sun and stress can make it worse...the cold too. Certain foods..as well. Its very common! When I was first diagnosed I used metrogel and it only made things worse. Thats when I did some research and found by using the the right cleansers and avoiding your triggers..I did fine. I think Jamie of IT cosmetics has it too. Usually fair skinned people have this problem..alcohol can also make it worse. HTH~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Recently i went to the dermatologist for my rosacea which had returned.  I know there are triggers and also it is hereditary.  The doctor prescribed a cream and gel and I use a certain skin cleanser nightly.  Within a brief time the rosacea subsided as it does when you use these creams.  I am aware it could flare up again so I will try to use the medications daily and renew them.  My skin looks fine, no redness, itchiness or bumps!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I know that Humira works for psoriasis but not sure about Rosacea.  You would have to ask you PCP.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes Charles' face looks beet red.  I've wondered if something is wrong with him.

Screenshot_20181224-004018.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes, I've noticed that Charles has a bright red face often in photos and I remember thinking that many years ago when he was in his early 30s.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the years, since he was quite young, it's been very noticeable on Harry's cheeks but personally I've never taken notice of it on William. But then in no way at all do they have any resemblance to each other. Seems they each favor a different side of their families. Lots of red hair on his Mother's side and Harry surely inherited that. And red haired folks, not always but often have that ruddy complexion.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Yes, use very gentle cleansers...hypoallergenic or organic. Anything for very sensitive skin! The sun and stress can make it worse...the cold too. Certain foods..as well. Its very common! When I was first diagnosed I used metrogel and it only made things worse. Thats when I did some research and found by using the the right cleansers and avoiding your triggers..I did fine. I think Jamie of IT cosmetics has it too. Usually fair skinned people have this problem..alcohol can also make it worse. HTH~

@emmysmom

What type of cleansers and moisturizers do you use, if you don't mind my asking?  I have been using metrolgel for a number of years.  It does seem to help with redness but lately I seem to be getting more red bumps, etc.  Thank you.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin