Honored Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

[ Edited ]

@PatriciaG wrote:

@wonderfulworld @SilleeMee - lazer is the only thing that works for me.  Used the PicoWay Resolve lazer.  It worked wonders. You also benefit from tightening of skin and eveness of complexion. Is expensive but started with a groupon.

@PatriciaG ,

Yes, I think laser treatments work really well for me. Because of a medical condition, I go get treatments about every couple of years. The broken caps and overall redness just gets too much. I had one person ask me once if I had been in an accident. I'm sure that person was noticing how red and splotchy my face was at the time...it was bad looking to say the least.

In my area, a typical treatment will cost about $250. But many times a second or third treatment needs to be done, usually one month apart. The cost for those treatments is $150 per visit. Last time I went I needed six treatments total, one a month.

I think my case is unique and most people won't need that many treatments.

Valued Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

@SilleeMee - Not cheap for sure. I was just tired of topicals that temporarily fixed but as soon as I stopped using the redness would reappear and sometimes worse. But check groupon and then reviews of the business before purchasing.  I got a 3 pkg for about $100. I was able to purchase more for a discounted price. I just got done with 6 treatments and go back next month so they can compare pictures. I no longer have redness on my cheeks or little pimples. I have experienced some tightening and they have told me that I should continue to see better results over the next month.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Seeing a MD or derm is really the best idea!

I had a breakout (as well as “rosacea”) that turned out to be Lichen Planus.

Have been seeing the derm monthly b/c a final determination of treatment apparently needs various treatments!

@LTT1 

Lichen Planus?  Never heard of this --- new one on me???  Good gosh -- something new every time you turn around!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin