Honored Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

@hellokitty wrote:

It's not a support group I don't think, but I found a website by a David Pascoe that occasionally has articles about Rosacea.  I have had a terrible time this past winter.  I wish I could go to a derm but not happening any time soon.

On this website there was a hint that Cetaphil might come out with some products especially for Rosacea but nothing more than hints.

I just keep my skin care and make up simple. I do like L'Oreal's True Match green color crayon to help hide my redness.  I think it cost me less than $8 at Walmart. I have tried IT Redness powder and that works for me.  

Good luck.  

@hellokitty 

Iwill look this website up.  Thank you for the recommendations.  I appreciate it!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

@AspenGrove wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I have what my derm calls "mild rosacea," which is basically just redness and irritation (like occasional itchiness). She recommended long ago that I steer clear of all well-known brands and use the Avene brand (Eau Thermale Avene) of skincare, which is made for all highly sensitive skin types. They have specific products for rosacea/redness, but I actually just use one of their moisturizers made for very dry skin.  To say my redness was very reduced and skin itchiness gone almost immediately is the understatement of the year!  My skin loves Avene. 

@AspenGrove 

I have heard of this brand.  It might be a solution --- thank you very much!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Seeing your derm is the best step to take.  I had horrible redness, scabbing, burning, and 'pimples' for almost 20 years.  I also used several products prescribed by one derm.  Then, I changed derms -- my new doctor prescribed a white cream in a tube that started with "L" (sorry, I don't remember the name of the med).  My rosacea was gone in 2 weeks.   I never refilled the med because my rosacea never came back after using one tube.

Also, I wonder if getting older had something to do with it?  My rosacea was very angry during my late 40's-50's.  I was over 60 when I got this 'miracle drug' and my rosacea was totally gone.  Never returned.

Back in my 50's I was using lots of skincare products.  Expensive products, some QVC products, all layered one on top of the other.  A layer for this, a layer for that..... I was suffocating my skin!  Then, I simplified.  Started using 'gentle' skin care products from the drug store (brands recommended by my new derm).  No more layering.  One and done.  My complexion looks much better now than it did 20 years ago - seriously.   My skin is happier, brighter, and more youthful. 

I highly recommend CeraVe and Neutrogena products.  Amara Organics (dot com) retinol cream and vitamin C.

Good luck!   

@tototwo 

Glad yours has gotten better!  Mine which was not that bad now seems to be getting worse as I am getting older.  Very distressing.  The pimples, white heads, flaking, irritation, redness --- oh, my --- very upsetting.  I am about ready to try anything!

Thank you for your kind reply! 

Honored Contributor

I so appreciate everyone's wonderful posts!  They are all very kind and helpful!  I am making notes and I will see what thedoctor says first and then depending upon what he says or does not say --- will try some of these things out.  I thank you as always for your consideration!!! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Seeing a MD or derm is really the best idea!

I had a breakout (as well as “rosacea”) that turned out to be Lichen Planus.

Have been seeing the derm monthly b/c a final determination of treatment apparently needs various treatments!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

11 Common Harmful Ingredients In Skincare

Article at Blackpaint.sg

This company also sells products, so no link is included.

It looks interesting, like their philosophy might be eastern ... 

the list of ingredients and concerns about them is the most comprehensive and understandable I have seen.

It also looks like fun exploring ... enjoy!

@AngelPuppy1 @SilleeMee 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Go to a Spa type clinic if your Dermatologist is not helpful with make up and skincare items. My skin flakes in the cold month as well. I read that Neroli oil is something to try at night. I really think that Lasers are the way to go.....

Valued Contributor

@wonderfulworld @SilleeMee - lazer is the only thing that works for me.  Used the PicoWay Resolve lazer.  It worked wonders. You also benefit from tightening of skin and eveness of complexion. Is expensive but started with a groupon.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thank you...I will look into this laser. A new name to me.