Respected Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

Arnica is magic for bruises!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Rosacea Ladies - Any new treatments, skin care, makeup, tips, you could share?

Thanks for the Arnica recommendation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had rosacea maybe 15 years ago.  None of the topical meds helped me.  My doc prescribed a pill (or was it a capsule?) that I took for maybe 2 years.  Oracea was the name of the med.   It eliminated the rosacea and when I tapered off the med it never returned.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 @PinkyPetunia @wonderfulworld @Grouchomarx @SilleeMee 

C0685E3B-CCFE-4713-92DF-151E6C448FCC.png

Cetaphil Pro derma control recommended by my dermatologist is a miracle for me. The zinc in it calms my redness,

For “blemishes” Epiduo Forte (rx) or a combination of

this:

Adapalene (at Target)

54D41902-EC1E-4B0A-AF06-2E5331F4D341.pngand this B390A4C6-C027-4E37-88DB-65378EF7F2EF.jpeg2.5% benzoyl peroxide

both OTC

together

can take the place of Epiduo Forte.

However, strong benzoyl peroxide is nastily drying, so dot very very meagerly on top of the ZIT only.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 @PinkyPetunia @wonderfulworld @Grouchomarx @SilleeMee 

C0685E3B-CCFE-4713-92DF-151E6C448FCC.png

Cetaphil Pro derma control recommended by my dermatologist is a miracle for me. The zinc in it calms my redness,

For “blemishes” Epiduo Forte (rx) or a combination of

this:

Adapalene (at Target)

54D41902-EC1E-4B0A-AF06-2E5331F4D341.pngand this B390A4C6-C027-4E37-88DB-65378EF7F2EF.jpeg2.5% benzoyl peroxide

both OTC

together

can take the place of Epiduo Forte.

However, strong benzoyl peroxide is nastily drying, so dot very very meagerly on top of the ZIT only.

@LTT1 I

I thank you for all of these suggestions.  I appreciate it so much.  Just when you think things are going well -- boom --- it hits again!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I had rosacea maybe 15 years ago.  None of the topical meds helped me.  My doc prescribed a pill (or was it a capsule?) that I took for maybe 2 years.  Oracea was the name of the med.   It eliminated the rosacea and when I tapered off the med it never returned.  

@PinkyPetunia 

Thank you and very glad you are doing well! 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Have you ever tried Buzz on Acne - I know the name sounds like it's only for acne but it worked wonders on my rosacea and enlarged oil glands

@SandGirl 

No, never heard of it.  Will look it up.  Thank you very much!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I had a flare up on my chin starting almost a year ago.  No known cause, other than stress possibly. Anyway long story short, I tried a lot of things and found the only thing that helped was a facial oil with hemp seed oil in it.  Also a night cream, same thing.  They were Peter Thomas Roth Green Releaf products (there are only two, an oil and a night cream).  It took a few weeks but it's just about gone and I don't have to continue using them, I'm back to my normal routine.  I did find that my clarisonic can aggravate it so I only use it once or twice a week.  Those are my small two cents and I wish you luck.  I did not expect to have such great success with these products but my skin is back to looking great again.  Hemp seed oil is very anti-inflammatory and one could probably find equal success with a cheaper purer version sold on Amazon too.  I use that version on my body where I have stress inflammation, works like a dream.  

@Grouchomarx 

Thank you.  I will look about the hemp oil.  I am wating to see what the dr. says and then will go from there.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1... years ago when I was dealing with active rosacea where I was breaking out and had a lot of redness, the best course of action was to take an antibiotic for a couple of weeks. It always got rid of it and then the treatments worked and kept it completely away.

I used Finacea and Metrocream and still use Metrocream when I have redness. It seems to completely get rid of the redness and my skin is good enough to go makeup free. I also have adapted a cleansing regime that is mild and not abrasive (Cerave). My moisturizer is not an anti-aging product. Everything I use is fragrance free. My new favorite is Olay Whip, fragrance free. My foundation is from Estee Lauder ...oil free Double Wear Light. The regular Double Wear is too mask like and I prefer a lighter application when I do use foundation.

Hope that helps and hang in there. Sometimes just the change of weather or seasons can bring on a bout of redness and breaking out...

@Trinity11 

I have been using Metrogel for a long time and it does really help with the redness, but the other issues are driving me crazy.  I think I need something else.  I am glad you found your soluctions.  Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I get mine laser treated about every couple of years or whenever my redness and dots get too noticeable and difficult to cover with concealers. The laser really helps knock down a lot of my redness and some benefits come with it, too.Woman Wink

@LTT1 

Thank you.  I am going to see what the dr. recommends!!!