Respected Contributor

Rodan & Fields skincare (not the acne stuff)

Anyone use this?  Of course now I know someone selling it that wants me to at least try it (money back guarantee blah blah blah).  First, it's VERY expensive IMO - four products for $190 that are only going to last 60 days! And the eye lash serum is $150 (supposed to last 3 months).  That's insanely high. I'm actually really happy with my IT Confidence line, but just wondered if anyone has tried this.

I've read reviews, and it's pretty mixed. If it was closer to most in favor of the line I'd probably consider it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rodan & Fields skincare (not the acne stuff)

I use the lash booster, which works very well. I started around one year ago. Because I am fair skinned and have silver/gray hair, the lashes were hard to see. Now they are coming out darker and longer. I put it on my lashes five days a week.

I also put it up my eyebrows because they were disappearing too. About two months ago I stopped putting it on my eyebrows because they were coming in too dark and too much! ha! Now I am using the lash booster on the eyebrows twice a week and that is sufficient to make them grow in but not be too dark or bushy.

A coworker uses the skin care and has for years. She loves it. I believe there is a way to "subscribe" to it so you get free shipping and 10% automatically off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainyDayGal wrote:

Anyone use this?  Of course now I know someone selling it that wants me to at least try it (money back guarantee blah blah blah).  First, it's VERY expensive IMO - four products for $190 that are only going to last 60 days! And the eye lash serum is $150 (supposed to last 3 months).  That's insanely high. I'm actually really happy with my IT Confidence line, but just wondered if anyone has tried this.

I've read reviews, and it's pretty mixed. If it was closer to most in favor of the line I'd probably consider it.

Absolutely not. It is an MLM. MLMs are deceptively structured legal pyramid schemes that should be illegal. MLMs are predatory and always sell subpar products that are not worth their inflated price. I'd back slowly away from the seller who is trying to sell this to you and then run.

Edited to add: They're currently being sued over their lash serum.

https://www.racked.com/beauty/2018/4/17/17243720/rodan-fields-lash-boost-lawsuit-sales

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodan-fields-hit-with-suit-over-lash-boost-eyelash-enhancer/

https://classactionwallet.com/rodan-fields-class-action-lawsuit-says-lash-boost-causes-eye-damage/

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I KNOW how the selling works.  I'm interested in hearing if anyone has tried the products and seen any results, and felt it was worth the cost.

Honored Contributor

This type of thread in general adds to my conviction that when a person wants to buy a product, they are going to do it. Nothing negative anybody says will affect their decision because the decision has already been made. They want affirmation of their choice.

I see this in myself too. When I want to do something I want to be told I am right.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

This type of thread in general adds to my conviction that when a person wants to buy a product, they are going to do it. Nothing negative anybody says will affect their decision because the decision has already been made. They want affirmation of their choice.

I see this in myself too. When I want to do something I want to be told I am right.

Not true at all!  I have no intention of paying the high price (I can't!), especially since I'm happy with my skincare that I've been using for a long time.  I just wanted to see if anyone actually used the products and saw results.  Like I said, there are so many mixed reviews out there.  I don't see her business venture taking off because the line IS so pricey. And reading their disclaimer about how much $$ consultants can expect to make is a huge turn off for me, it's only the top 1% that actually will earning more than a few hundred a year.

But maybe if someone else IS interested purchasing it will help them decide.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainyDayGal @World Traveler @Porcelain

I know nothing about the Rodan & Fields line other than it periodically pops up on sale on the morning show promos. (GMA & The View) Usually 50% or more in savings. 

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I KNOW how the selling works.  I'm interested in hearing if anyone has tried the products and seen any results, and felt it was worth the cost.

@RainyDayGal If you can give me some specific questions, I can ask my coworker. There is a set/group/kit of skin products she always gets. She sits about 20 feet from me, so it is no problem. Heart

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Thanks! That is good to know. If you ever see that again and think of it, will you please notify me? I usually pay $150 for the lash booster, but it lasts a long time. I was going to sign up so I could get the free shipping and 10% discount, but they wanted something like $20 (I think) to sign up. I didn't do it yet. 

I told my coworker that I would be happy to sign up as her customer so it would help her financially, but she didn't seem to want to do that. She just gets it from a friend of her who is in the business.

@rochelleS wrote:

@RainyDayGal @World Traveler @Porcelain

I know nothing about the Rodan & Fields line other than it periodically pops up on sale on the morning show promos. (GMA & The View) Usually 50% or more in savings. 

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal

A very close friend of mine (also my nail tech) sells it.

She has let me borrow hers and try the products.  They are very nice.  However, a couple things.

While good quality products, I found no difference than what I am currently using.  Perricone, IT, Algenist...pretty much anything Q sells!  They all work about the same.

I had no reactions, they absorb well, make my skin feel soft etc...but nothing miraculous that would warrant me to pay the high prices....which I would do if I found a product worth it.

I have way overstocked myself and she knows I do not need to purchase anything for a LONG time.

The one product I would LIKE to use because I have seen fantastic results on several friends is the Lash Serum.  I currently use Rapid lash and do NOT get near the results their product does.

The lawsuit doesn't bother me in the least, it is about disclosure of ingredients and where it falls into which category....cosmetic or medication.  Not that the product is harmful.

However, it is over 4X the amount others pay for the lash serum from carepost.com....I forget the name but it has been discussed on the boards often.

My friend is about as LOW level in sales as you can get.  She hardly does Social Media with it and has NOT signed up any reps beneath her.

She fully knew what kind of marketing set up it was going into it.  She did have to spend about $1000 for the original kit.

She made over $3500 last year in extra profit ($4500 total recouping her initial investment) and only sells to her Nail Clients.

WAY more than 'just a couple hundred dollars' mentioned above, and she hardly promotes at all.

NO different than Avon and Mary Kay set ups.