Respected Contributor

Re: Robert Cook of Lancome Did My Makeup Today And...

@maestra- I'm sorry,  I should have been clearer, I use the Teint Idole Ultrawear makeup stick.  I had no idea they have so many foundations, just went and looked.  It's 310 Bisque C and is such a perfect color for me.  I like it a lot, it has very good coverage, not drying, but am just looking for something that covers well but is more moisturizing. I love the Teint Idole sponge foundation, but it runs out fast and is too expensive to keep replenishing.  I like that he mentioned you don't need to do your whole entire face, just the problem areas, but you do need a good blendable perfect color match to do that.

I do find the line confusing, like many are these days, plus they have so much perfume in their skin creams that I have tried, which is a no for me.  I see they also have a cream Absolue foundation in a jar, I wonder what that would be like.  I may have to go check some of this out.

I love playing with makeup, and am always on the quest for better and perfect (which will never happen, but I keep trying....)

Respected Contributor

I'm always on the lookout but I cant always use so many products b/c I am so reactive; Absolue, so far, has not been problematic, even the moisture cream. Jury is still out of the Precious Oils, which I havent tried yet.

The Absolue Night Cream is a luxury and feels so good.

Honored Contributor

@maestra  Sounds like an amazing lesson and day!!

Love the palette he used; it's the only one of Lancome's that I repeatedly purchase (as well as the blush in Aplum). The palette is so classic and can be used with many other shades; great choice!!!

I think the night cream of the Absolue is fantastic; the day cream didn't work for me. I am told that the Absolue loose powder is the BEST face powder out there but people overlook it for some reason. Have to say, I was one of those people. It rivals every super high end loose powder made and leaves your skin flawless.

I would love to know what Robert would choose for me, lol.

Enjoy your goodies!!! 

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  I was very skeptical of any powder on my mature face, but the Absolue powder is a game changer-such an even, polished finish, esp. as I now use on my neck/dec s Robert showed me.

I was open to everything Robert suggested and applied; he was so gracious and an expert teacher showing me step by step application techniques.

Today I wore Hit List (magenta lip) and DH liked it. So did I.

Robert is such a real talent and genuine and open person.

11/20-27 Lancome F and F sale- I'll buy some night cream at the sale.

Respected Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@donniesmom@HerRoyaLioness @San Antonio Gal @Shanus@Tricolor@ @JustJazzmom

I told Robert I needed his expertise to pick me a perfect match for a foundation and he agreed I'd been sold one too yellow/orange and dark. He commented that my skin was dry and he could tell, sensitive.

We went to the liquid Absolue line, which I said didnt bother my rosacea and found 310 Almond (C) to be a perfect match; the Golden powder is also to be used on my neck and throat to tie in face, nec and dec.

This is a very comfortable foundation for my very dry skin; he recommended the Confort Galitee cleanser, which I already use and the Confort toner

(which I will buy during the Lancome F and F Sale on 11/20/18-11/27/18. Use code FRIENDS for 20% off.)

I am a foundation junkie and may have to check out this foundation. My skin is very dry  also so I stay away from anything with a matte finish. 

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  The Absolue is a forgiving foundation, no flat matte, and it wears well.

Robert wa going to pick a Renergie foundation for lifting and firming but I'm allergic to something in the formula.

You may also want to look at Renergie, the finish is radiant, but not shimmer-again, good for mature women.

Respected Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@Tricolor  The Absolue is a forgiving foundation, no flat matte, and it wears well.

Robert wa going to pick a Renergie foundation for lifting and firming but I'm allergic to something in the formula.

You may also want to look at Renergie, the finish is radiant, but not shimmer-again, good for mature women.

Thank you for the recommendation. I am a bit of a foundation junkie. Just bought two recently so maybe I will hold off a little bit.

Honored Contributor

@maestra. That sounds so fun! Good for you. I am glad you enjoyed, but mostly I am glad he taught you some nice tips to use......I love a lot of Lancome Color Cosmetics, and have used a lot over the years...

I am glad hubby thought you looked great too..... 

Honored Contributor

@maestra BFF, it took me a while to find your thread.  I'm so glad you had a good time and DH made the day even more special.  I have no idea who Robert is, but he sounds like he knows what he's doing.  I use lancome dual finish powder in porcelaine.  I've been using it for many years.  Usually that's all I wear on my face.  

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 BFF, Robert works w/Lancome on product development for trends as well as makeup artistry; he has made the faces of beaities like Isabella Rossellini, Kate Winslet, Penelope Cruz and Lupita...and now , me! lol

It's the best fun I've had in a long time and I'll see you back at cancer survivors; I may have further good news about making lemonade from lemons (Hurricane Florance update)