Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Cook of Lancome Did My Makeup Today And...

@maestra. I notice Robert used some yellow based powder & bronzer in Golden to counteract the rosacea and pink undertones in your skin. 

Many women complain about so many makeup lines having yellow based foundations/powders, but this is why. Yellow cancels out the redness. 

I’m sure at that point Robert was free to use blush and lip color in a larger variety of shades. 

Great outcome, @maestra. Can you post a pic for us to see? A partial pic like I did of just eye & brow?

Honored Contributor

What a terrific day, @maestra!  Thanks for sharing with us!

Respected Contributor

I am so jealous! No seriously what a wonderful experience. I am sure you look so stunning. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@maestra. I notice Robert used some yellow based powder & bronzer in Golden to counteract the rosacea and pink undertones in your skin. 

Many women complain about so many makeup lines having yellow based foundations/powders, but this is why. Yellow cancels out the redness. 

I’m sure at that point Robert was free to use blush and lip color in a larger variety of shades. 

Great outcome, @maestra. Can you post a pic for us to see? A partial pic like I did of just eye & brow?

@Shanus@Tricolor I have pics on my e-mail but I'm not techy enough to even begin to know how to xfer them to the forum and thread.

Oddly enough, the Golden Powder is a very pink based, almost pink bronze powder but it is light and sheer. He did use the Star Bronzer in Golden overall, but the clincher was a lip color called Hit List-a bright, almost hot pink . Not something I would have chosen. He dialed it down by dabbing a nude matte over it.

Dh said this morn when I did my face, albeit w/not as many layers or drama, that my rosacea wasnt looking flared or noticeable and my large melasma was covered.

He said I looked fesh, polished-not too much and again DH complimented Robert for his patience and choices of color products.

Respected Contributor

Robert mentioned they reside in North Texas; I think north of DFW. His husband is an educational administrator (bless him!). @ItsME

Regular Contributor

Hi maestra--WOW!! How wonderful for you! I would be so excited. First let me say I watch Robert all the time on HSN & am a huge fan of Lancome. I ordered something once and I was lucky to speak to Robert & Amy on air but I would have "killed" to have gotten my make-up done by him! I absolutely love his makeup tips. Everytime I watch him I learn something different so it must have been wonderful to be able to ask him questions & get makeup tips. I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you had a blast! If only he would come to NJ!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@maestra- wow, that was some makeover!!  It sounds like he tried lots of stuff - my dream to do!

What color did he use for the Absolue foundation and how do you like it?  I use 310 in the stick, but am looking for a more moisturizing foundation for my aging skin, but not greasy.  Thinking of trying the Teint Idole Ultra 24H, but not sure and too expensive to experiment.

I had to go over to HSN and watch a couple videos - he really looks like he knows what he is doing.  I ordered a lip gloss duo cuz I had 20% off code and can't wait to get it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@donniesmom@HerRoyaLioness @San Antonio Gal @Shanus@Tricolor @JustJazzMom

I told Robert I needed his expertise to pick me a perfect match for a foundation and he agreed I'd been sold one too yellow/orange and dark. He commented that my skin was dry and he could tell, sensitive.

We went to the liquid Absolue line, which I said didnt bother my rosacea and found 310 Almond (C) to be a perfect match; the Golden powder is also to be used on my neck and throat to tie in face, nec and dec.

This is a very comfortable foundation for my very dry skin; he recommended the Confort Galitee cleanser, which I already use and the Confort toner

(which I will buy during the Lancome F and F Sale on 11/20/18-11/27/18. Use code FRIENDS for 20% off.)

Super Contributor

So happy for you,  thank you for sharing! I would love to have him do my make up.  

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness  The 310 Almond (c) is the same shade that you wear; it's a perfect match.

How do you like the stick version? Is it drying or long wearing?