Respected Contributor

Robert Cook of Lancome Did My Makeup Today And...

[ Edited ]

He's awesome! Funny, energetic, really an artist-he's exactly the same person as he projects on HSN. He also taught me how to do my brows, cheeks, and especially, lips!! He spent 1 hour w/me using a mirror so I could see what he was doing and be able to copy it-the Lancome counter girls were thrilled for me.

I did tell him of ladies who are fans here on this forum; he's very friendly and I did tell him I loved to watch him do instructional steps on tv. I also told him that we appreciated  Lancome not using 18yr old's as models. btw-Robert is gorgeous!!!!

He finally chose a perfect foundation shade for me in Absolue and confirmed as great the Maqimat concealer in 310 Bisque. We went onto brows-Sourcils Blond 01 and he showed me on him how to use the brush to stipple and fill in my brows. I also have to shape into more of an arch, which immediately opened up my eye. He said I'm a 'sinker' and that i have a defined upper eye lid. He used eye pallette Chocolate Almonde, showing me ho to build an eye from a natural, casual, polished look to 'date night'.  I'm in bed by 9pm.

Robert really uses very little product, but his placement is so intuitive. He did help around my lips w/Dual Finish Foundation-pressing lightly in/around the lips after lip bbalm for a more matte, lasting lip. He also picked colors I never would have like Caprice lip liner, but my fave was Le Lipstique in Natural Mauve for daytime.

Blush in Pomegranate, very lightly. No contouring, thank heavens. I also really liked the lipstick Curtain Call for a winter lip. He emphasized a 'clean line' around the lips to prevent dreaded bleeding. (yes, I have those pesky lines and probably should reconsider filler, but it really HURTS!)

I did purchase an Absolue moisturizer set, lipliner and eye shadow palette; most of my color cosmetics, esp. mascara is Lancome. Robert did layer Grandiose and Msr. Big-a little too much drama for me. I prefer a softer lash using Hypnose. My lashes are long and Hynose doesnt clump.

To finish he took selfies of me on his phone to email to me. DH thought I looked very pretty and took me out for a lovely lunch by the ocean.

I had a wonderful time and learned so much.

@Shanus    @SanAntonioGal

Respected Contributor

Re: Robert Cook of Lancome Did My Makeup Today And...

I’m sure you looked stunning. Enjoy 😊. Sounds like you got a lot out of you makeup demonstration, way to

go!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you had a fabulous time, maestra! I have the Chocolat Amande eye shadow palette & it’s great if you want neutrals on your eyes. 

Did he use any eye liner on you? 

DC076E16-DD95-4EF6-A1BD-4D8E8A159947.jpeg

I love the Mr. Big mascara but I think using both the Grandiose & Mr. Big is too much drama.

I see you bought their Cadillac skin care line. I like the Visionnaire line which is cheaper in price & similar results on me. 

Pomegranate blush is very dark. What foundation was used again. A liquid or powder? 

So glad you had a great session.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

He's awesome! Funny, energetic, really an artist-he's exactly the same person as he projects on HSN. He also taught me how to do my brows, cheeks, and especially, lips!! He spent 1 hour w/me using a mirror so I could see what he was doing and be able to copy it-the Lancome counter girls were thrilled for me.

I did tell him of ladies who are fans here on this forum; he's very friendly and I did tell him I loved to watch him do instructional steps on tv. I also told him that we appreciated  Lancome not using 18yr old's as models. btw-Robert is gorgeous!!!!

He finally chose a perfect foundation shade for me in Absolue and confirmed as great the Maqimat concealer in 310 Bisque. We went onto brows-Sourcils Blond 01 and he showed me on him how to use the brush to stipple and fill in my brows. I also have to shape into more of an arch, which immediately opened up my eye. He said I'm a 'sinker' and that i have a defined upper eye lid. He used eye pallette Chocolate Almonde, showing me ho to build an eye from a natural, casual, polished look to 'date night'.  I'm in bed by 9pm.

Robert really uses very little product, but his placement is so intuitive. He did help around my lips w/Dual Finish Foundation-pressing lightly in/around the lips after lip bbalm for a more matte, lasting lip. He also picked colors I never would have like Caprice lip liner, but my fave was Le Lipstique in Natural Mauve for daytime.

Blush in Pomegranate, very lightly. No contouring, thank heavens. I also really liked the lipstick Curtain Call for a winter lip. He emphasized a 'clean line' around the lips to prevent dreaded bleeding. (yes, I have those pesky lines and probably should reconsider filler, but it really HURTS!)

I did purchase an Absolue moisturizer set, lipliner and eye shadow palette; most of my color cosmetics, esp. mascara is Lancome. Robert did layer Grandiose and Msr. Big-a little too much drama for me. I prefer a softer lash using Hypnose. My lashes are long and Hynose doesnt clump.

To finish he took selfies of me on his phone to email to me. DH thought I looked very pretty and took me out for a lovely lunch by the ocean.

I had a wonderful time and learned so much.

@Shanus@    @SanAntonioGal

@maestra  Thanks so much for the recap of your great time w/ Robert. I’m glad you had a wonderful time and obviously took great notes of the products he was using and his application....You have a wonderful DH for taking his gorgeous wife to lunch! 👍🏻

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom@Shanus @IMW Yes, I caved and bought the Absolue line, but I cant use Renerge or Visionnaire due to rosacea flaring.

Robert tightlined my eyes w/a chubby pencil in Black, no liner on upper lid otherwise. I have the blush in Plum, which is lighter than Pomegranite. I dont want to end up looking like Bette Davis in What Happened to Baby Jane-shudder. Robert used very little product for color.

He used Absolue liquid foundation in Almond 310 C-I have very pinktoned skin. Powder in Golden, which is simply perfect and lovely. I can tolerate the Absolue foundation, but not the Renergie formulas. Dual Finish used to 'fill' around lip lines for a dressier, deeper lip line.

Robert used to line my bottom eye lid a Le Stylo in Bronze Riche; he commented he had not seen an eye color like mine before and wanted to really emphasize the color (golden amber w/a dk. teal green rim around the iris-no contacts, all natural)

Valued Contributor

@maestra sounds like you had a wonderful time, great company, great tips, plus a nice lunch by the sea - sounds like a great day! Thanks for sharing!
Respected Contributor

Sounds wonderful!  I'm glad you were able to have the experience, and appreciate you sharing it with us!

Respected Contributor

@maestra:  What a nice thing to happen to you today.   I'm glad you had a great time letting someone show you all the tricks of the trade.  I would love to have had your experience.  Do you mind me asking how you acquired this appointment?   Sounds like you finished off the event with a special lunch with DH.  

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom  I signed up  for this event at the  'local' Lancome counter; if I didnt know who Robert was I probably would have blown it off, since it meant having to travel a little to get to the store event.

I forgot to mention that Robert did use a Star Bronzer on me in Golden for some color after the powder but was light handedand he insructed me to carry the Absolue Powder in Golden down to my neck and throat-I have a very different color between face (pink) and throat.

We spent a few minutes comparing husbands-Robert loves his husband dearly, and they have 7 rescue poodles.

Respected Contributor

@maestra wrote:

We spent a few minutes comparing husbands-Robert loves his husband dearly, and they have 7 rescue poodles.

7 POODLES!  Awesome!  (Okay, I'm a serious poodle person!)  Where do they live that they can have seven?