Regular Contributor

81F2xENjB0L._SX522_.jpgI use this one, also Amazon

Rice and Papaya Enzyme Powder (water-activated) - All Natural Super Gentle Smoothing and Restoring Daily Cleanser - Pore purifying, anti-aging, collagen boosting...

Honored Contributor

@clarika wrote:

81F2xENjB0L._SX522_.jpgI use this one, also Amazon

Rice and Papaya Enzyme Powder (water-activated) - All Natural Super Gentle Smoothing and Restoring Daily Cleanser - Pore purifying, anti-aging, collagen boosting...

@clarika- this was the first one that I started with several years ago.  I liked how it worked but some of the scents were a bit off-putting.  For me, I think I liked the vanilla scented the best.

Honored Contributor

I'm concerned about the grittiness of these kinds of powdered cleansers. I have to be careful not to make my redness flare up so I decided to cancel my Amazon order of the SRB powder. 

Another concern of mine is their ingredient list...it contains a detergent which I am not too fond of. After doing some reading about these kinds of powdered cleansers, I have decided to DIY my own using a pure papaya fruit extract powder. This I can add water and make an exfoliating mask or just add the powder to a regular cleanser I'm currently using. Stay tuned...

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm concerned about the grittiness of these kinds of powdered cleansers. I have to be careful not to make my redness flare up so I decided to cancel my Amazon order of the SRB powder. 

Another concern of mine is their ingredient list...it contains a detergent which I am not too fond of. After doing some reading about these kinds of powdered cleansers, I have decided to DIY my own using a pure papaya fruit extract powder. This I can add water and make an exfoliating mask or just add the powder to a regular cleanser I'm currently using. Stay tuned...

I am interested,let us know how it goes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

That's the scent I have, Madgascar Vanilla!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Okay, so I'm back to tell what I did.

With just two ingredients I made an enzyme treatment mask by mixing:

- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel (honey can be used instead if so desired)

- 1/8 teaspoon enzyme powder*

Place gel in palm, add powder and mix until powder is dissolved.

Apply all over face (and neck if desired), avoid eye area.

Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse well.

*Papaya enzyme powder - Bulksupplements brand, Amazon item #  B01GGNPOR8

Some things I experienced was that the mask did not burn or sting during application. While I was waiting for the 5 minutes to pass, the mask dried down and became tight and shiny. Once I rinsed it off there was quite a bit of peeling going on so I new the mask worked well as an exfoliant and it was totally painless and left no redness or irritation. I did have to use my muslin cloth to remove the loose dead skin but wow after I did that my skin was glowing, soft, smooth and radiant!

That was experiment NO.1. I think the next time I do this I will just put the enzyme powder in my regular cleanser instead of using it in a mask and I probably won't be doing that until a few days from now. I don't want to over-exfoliate and dry out my skin. But for now, I'm liking the enzyme powder and how gentle and effective it is.

@goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor

You said you had peeling, i just wonder if thay might be too much for your skin,sense you also use retin a.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

You said you had peeling, i just wonder if thay might be too much for your skin,sense you also use retina.

The peeling I had after I used the mask was more than the Retin-A has ever caused. I think the enzyme mask was too strong or needs to be left on my skin for less time. That's why I'm planning to use the enzyme powder in my cleanser and that way it won't be on my skin for very long...just long enough to remove the daily stuff. 

I'm still fooling around with it and eventually I hope I get it right.Woman Happy

@goldensrbest