Honored Contributor

Re: Revlon plunges after report of potential bankruptcy filing next week

@Shelbelle wrote:

They had better keep making my Colorsilk hair color, been using it for last 25 years, sorry to hear. We all grew up with Revlon. 

@Shelbelle  - I'm also sorry to hear about this.  I've used Colorsilk for the past 10 years and I'd be happy to pay double for it.  I've always been amazed how inexpensive it is.  

I've never heard of the quality of Revlon products going downhill either.  

Valued Contributor

Oh oh.. I've been "out of the loop" abt Revlon, et al

I'd better check which companies or products, under them, have any effect on me.  I HATE HATE to be caught without a supply, or w/o access to my usual products.

Before I dig, does anyone have a url that describes all the companies under Revlon?  TIA

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

I saw Revlon was filing for chapter 11, so they will be restructuring their debt. Revlon was one of the last cosmetics companies I would think was having financial problems, but this is 2022 and nothing really surprises me now. Every company is vulnerable now.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I can't get my eyeshadow quad any more!!!  It was the perfect taupe! 

When I run out, I'll be mixing. 

I've been to dept store makeup counters, and they have no taupe!  They want to give me "mushroom brown".  No thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I can't get my eyeshadow quad any more!!!  It was the perfect taupe! 

When I run out, I'll be mixing. 

I've been to dept store makeup counters, and they have no taupe!  They want to give me "mushroom brown".  No thanks!

@ECBG 

Years ago, a film & tv makeup artist introduced me to the best taupe eye shadow I've ever found ... it's LaFemme Iridescent Taupe.  While it has a teeny bit of shimmer to it, it's not "iridescent".   I've always bought it in beauty supply stores or online someplace.    It adheres beautifully ... wears well .... and it used to be about $7 for a little cake of it.

Not sure if it would work for you, but thought i'd pass it on.    You never know.  Woman Happy