Esteemed Contributor

Revlon Reports Fourth Quarter Loss

I sure hope that Linda Wells can turnaround Revlon because they just reported a 4th quarter loss. I don't know about you but makeup wise they've been very stale. There's hardly any new products. I find that their makeup brushes are overpriced compared to other drugstore makeup brush lines. I've bought some nice Revlon sheer lipsticks and their regular hair color at Dollarama but I pretty much bypass their makeup displays when I'm in the drugstore or grocery store.

From the Business of Fashion website:

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/revlon-reports-fourth-quarter-loss?trk_comp...

Honored Contributor

Re: Revlon Reports Fourth Quarter Loss

[ Edited ]

Their cream blush can be found in only two colors (both of which I do not like) no matter where I look.  I have noticed that stock is not being robustly replenished.  One of their lipsticks is my favorite base coat.  So many times I have had to move on in life -- getting old and tired... 

I swore by Helena Rubinstein face cream for what seemed forever.  Poof, and my favorite cream company vanished.

Respected Contributor

I don't remember the last time I bought a Revlon product. Maybe colorstay foundation several years ago. They need a legitimate overhaul to stay relevant, imo. 

Trusted Contributor

My favorite lipstick is Revlon......Wine with Everything....there is the Matte which I use in winter and the Pearl the rest of the time.

That's the only Revlon product I use. I have more Maybelline and Cover Girl products.
Frequent Contributor

Revlon hired Gwen Stefani to be their new spokesperson.

Trusted Contributor

QVC's make-up sales are down.  Maybe this is industry wide?  But billions and billions are spent each year.

Honored Contributor

NativeJax, that is my favorite color lipstick, too.  I'd be lost without it.  I stick to the Pearl version. 

Valued Contributor

Lipstick is my thing and I will buy the same color from a different line over and over, but I have stopped buy eyeshadows, foundations, blushes and kits just for the sake of buying. I got to the point where I was buying these kits from QVC and would use maybe one product and shove the rest in a drawer and eventually throw it away. One day I cleaned out a closet full of old makeup and I was sick with how much money I had wasted and never used. Now I know I like a cream eyeshadow from Tom Ford, foundation from La Mer and the blush I am using is a Charlotte Tillsbury, my mascara never changes it is extreme black from Giorgio Armani. Those items cost more, but in the long run it is cheaper, I know they work, I am not throwing away anything and I don't have clutter. 

Honored Contributor

Not cruelty free...no sale here.

Esteemed Contributor

Their nail polish was awful...