Esteemed Contributor

Re: Revlon Nail Wasn't At Walmart!!!

@decaf wrote:

At my Walmart they used to have Revlon polish on the very bottom shelf, under the rest of Revlon. Last time I was there it was gone.

The stock in the makeup aisles are always empty at my WM.  I mentioned it to a worker there last year and she told me the reason is because 70% of it is stolen.

@decaf  any Walmart I've ever been to has some cosmetic stuff behind glass doors.  Not all of it (maybe some higher priced ones).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@decaf wrote:

At my Walmart they used to have Revlon polish on the very bottom shelf, under the rest of Revlon. Last time I was there it was gone.

The stock in the makeup aisles are always empty at my WM.  I mentioned it to a worker there last year and she told me the reason is because 70% of it is stolen.

@decaf  any Walmart I've ever been to has some cosmetic stuff behind glass doors.  Not all of it (maybe some higher priced ones).

@gertrudecloset  This was an older employee who said that, I was a bit surprised.  I've only seen razor blades, hot hair tools and electric toothbrushes behind glass.  No cosmetics that I've noticed.  Maybe that's why 70% walks off.  I'm in Fla.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf   @gertrudecloset 

In the 2 Walmarts in my area, all cosmetics are contained within a gated area and you must leave your cart outside to shop, and then pay for your selected items before going back into the open areas of the store.   

Additional problem ......  many manufacturers are having trouble getting their products to store shelves because there now seems to be a rather widespread GLASS SHORTAGE.  They have the product ready to go, and can't get their glass containers to put it in!  

I saw this mentioned in an article about shortages of alcoholic beverages in stores.  Supposedly, there's a tequila shortage in many states because they can't get their glass bottles to fill and ship.  

It's always something ....  now we have a tequila shortage.  Good grief.  Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  The Walmart nearest to me is not a Super Walmart and they haven't installed that type of  "store within a store" yet.  They do have it in the Walmart about 10 miles away and a few others I've been in.   I'm sure it reduces pilferage.

Shopping at my store is so frustrating, they're always out of stock on items I need, even in the regular health and beauty aisles.  I'd say they have half or less of the items I'm looking for.  And these products aren't in glass containers.

There are so many shortages now, I didn't know about glass, that's a new one for me.  I haven't had any problem at all getting wine, I guess I'll just be buying wine in a box if they can't get glass!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf   @gertrudecloset 

In the 2 Walmarts in my area, all cosmetics are contained within a gated area and you must leave your cart outside to shop, and then pay for your selected items before going back into the open areas of the store.   

Additional problem ......  many manufacturers are having trouble getting their products to store shelves because there now seems to be a rather widespread GLASS SHORTAGE.  They have the product ready to go, and can't get their glass containers to put it in!  

I saw this mentioned in an article about shortages of alcoholic beverages in stores.  Supposedly, there's a tequila shortage in many states because they can't get their glass bottles to fill and ship.  

It's always something ....  now we have a tequila shortage.  Good grief.  Woman Sad

@Tinkrbl44Oh no...tequilla shortage?  Long as there's no shortage of the other hard stuff maybe folks will manage ok.   Might have to stock up!

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  The Walmart nearest to me is not a Super Walmart and they haven't installed that type of  "store within a store" yet.  They do have it in the Walmart about 10 miles away and a few others I've been in.   I'm sure it reduces pilferage.

Shopping at my store is so frustrating, they're always out of stock on items I need, even in the regular health and beauty aisles.  I'd say they have half or less of the items I'm looking for.  And these products aren't in glass containers.

There are so many shortages now, I didn't know about glass, that's a new one for me.  I haven't had any problem at all getting wine, I guess I'll just be buying wine in a box if they can't get glass!

Yes @decaf @Tinkrbl44  every Walmart seems to be set up differently.  I guess it depends on if it's a Super Walmart or a smaller store too.

Trusted Contributor

Good grief!  Where do y'all live that WalMart has to put cosmetics behind glass or in a separate gated area of the store?

Nothing like that at all where I live.

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles 

We only have fragrance locked.