Esteemed Contributor

Re: Revlon Nail Wasn't At Walmart!!!

@ECBG   Woman Wink You did good.  Amazon is notorious for jacking up the price for items not readily accessible in other places (walmart).  They usually trie to meet Walmart's price though, when they can.  Walmart, by far is always cheaper than Amazon for a lot of things I buy.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ECBG   Woman Wink You did good.  Amazon is notorious for jacking up the price for items not readily accessible in other places (walmart).  They usually trie to meet Walmart's price though, when they can.  Walmart, by far is always cheaper than Amazon for a lot of things I buy.

@gertrudecloset 

This item was not.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Walmart, by far is always cheaper than Amazon for a lot of things I buy.

I find that it's about 50/50 but I factor in my gas (30 miles round trip), wear and tear and the fact that I'm going to spend more money in WM...never fails.  And with a bum knee, WM pickup and for those things WM doesn't have, Amazon delivery is a god-send.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

I find that it's about 50/50 but I factor in my gas (30 miles round trip), wear and tear and the fact that I'm going to spend more money in WM...never fails.  And with a bum knee, WM pickup and for those things WM doesn't have, Amazon delivery is a god-send.

Amazon food delivery is a godsend.  I just got an order from them today.  One thing I like about Amazon is their commitment to customer service.

I did have a problem today though.  It happens every now and again.  I do have to price compare on basic stuff like cat food, and some things that I get from Walmart shipped to me for free as long as I spend $35.00.  I never have a problem reaching that amount and I get just as fast as Amazon @monicakm .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

At my Walmart they used to have Revlon polish on the very bottom shelf, under the rest of Revlon. Last time I was there it was gone.

The stock in the makeup aisles are always empty at my WM.  I mentioned it to a worker there last year and she told me the reason is because 70% of it is stolen.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Sally Hanson has a high shine top coat sold at Walgreens.

Honored Contributor

I think I mentioned on another thread that our Walmart is inan iffy strip of stores...homelesspeople under the trees, guys hanging around their cars in the lot, etc. I go to target for what I need. 

Some shelf spaces empty there sometimes, too. I think a lot of stores are having difficulty getting items to stock. 

On the news the other day, they said if you thought it was difficult to purchase gifts last year, this year will be worse.

BTW, @ECBG . I've used Seche Vite quick drying top coat for many years (over my clear nail strenghener). It's high shine, doesn't chip and nails do dry quickly. I have no issues finding it in drugstores, Target, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Amazon food delivery is a godsend.  I just got an order from them today.  One thing I like about Amazon is their commitment to customer service.

I did have a problem today though.  It happens every now and again.  I do have to price compare on basic stuff like cat food, and some things that I get from Walmart shipped to me for free as long as I spend $35.00.  I never have a problem reaching that amount and I get just as fast as Amazon @monicakm .

If I need to order more to get to the minimum shipping amount I just order my regular items like aspirin and even hairspray.  So much easier to have it handed to me by my mailman then to go to Walmart and deal with traffic.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find it frustrating,to go to walmart,items i want are not there ,i have to come back home and order on line,to get the items i want.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Check out ebay.