Honored Contributor

Revlon Nail Wasn't At Walmart!!!

I was in walmart after work picking up some odd items and wanting to put the high shine no chip Revlon top coat polish on my nails tonight.

Walmart had NO Revlon nail polish at all, just nail tools on hang cards!

I passed Walgreens.  Just Revlon Clear Coat, no specific top coat, although, many ladies use the clear, the other works best for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Revlon Nail Wasn't At Walmart!!!

Is Revlon going out of business?  If so, WOW.  Such a decades long staple for women's beauty needs Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Shelf space in retail stores is very hard to come by these days.  It's my guess that Revlon sales dropped to a point where they no longer carry their polish, OR Revlon no longer wants to pay for shelf space.  

There could be other reasons, but these came to mind first.  I wonder if they have it on walmart dot com?  

About Walmart ... two weeks ago I was in there and wanted a package of Thomas' English Muffins.  Huge empty spaces on 4 shelves.  All they had were bagels in the Thomas brand.   I spotted several Walmart employees at the end of that aisle, so I went over to inquire.  As luck would have it I spoke to the Store Lead, who said he was manager of that store.  He listened to my complaint/question and said they had nothing to do with stocking Thomas' English Muffins.   The company pays "rent" on that space, and the vendor who comes in regularly to stock the english muffins hadn't been in.  Sorry, but there was nothing he could do.   (I didn't know about this, so thought I'd share it.)

I have read that just about everything in Costco is there on consignment, so clearly there are all sorts of ways that retailers are stocking their shelves.   

This helps explain why there is so much more available online than in the stores.   

Honored Contributor

I was so disgusted with Walmart today.  I placed a grocery pickup order for today.  When I got home to put things away, I discovered not one single frozen item I'd ordered had been available.  I'd ordered 6 or 7 things.  As I was preparing my order, I noticed many things were out of stock.  What's going on?  Now I have to make a special trip to another store. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

I try to shop local, but after I've tried two places and struck out at both, that's when I turn to the big A.  We have Prime, so I can (and do) order something small like nail polish and not pay shipping.  A lot of things do seem to be getting harder to find in the stores.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I have come across this explanation in recent months when I was on the hunt for my Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee.  I even spoke with the head office in AR.  Luckily, in my case, WM now has their own brand of cold brew.  It's in the drink area.  It's about a 95% dupe.  I'm good with it!  I've been noticing a lot of empty shelves at WM.  Not as many as in the heat of COVID but still eerily empty Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@ECBG 

I try to shop local, but after I've tried two places and struck out at both, that's when I turn to the big A.  We have Prime, so I can (and do) order something small like nail polish and not pay shipping.  A lot of things do seem to be getting harder to find in the stores.

@shoesnbags 

Thank you.  I got what I wanted on Amazon and I am prime.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@ECBG 

@shoesnbags 

Bet you paid more for it too on Amazon @ECBG 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

Must be just your WalMart.  I was at WalMart today and they had plenty of Revlon stuff including nail polish.

Like all retailers, they are having a difficult time finding truck drivers.  Probably on a truck somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@ECBG 

@shoesnbags 

Bet you paid more for it too on Amazon @ECBG 

@gertrudecloset 

Shockingly, no.  It was reasonable!!!Smiley Happy